Super Split discussion anyone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AND having a "strong" 4-way wedge on the end of the beam!

SR
True Rob, but our comparison matchup was single wedge against single wedge. I've got a slip on 4-way for my 20-ton dual split and with it on, the dual split with 7 sec one-way cycle time will keep up with the 3 sec cycle time of the SS HD all day long, in output.

The best is: log lift to the 4 way on the tw6, then resplit the big's on the SS, push them off onto the conveyor.

It takes 2 guys to run it, but man can you get a pile going!

Good info in here. Doesn't hurt to take bearings off and leave in a jar of heavy oil in off season. Keeping wedge sharp makes a big difference as does adding a uhmw layer to the table. 4-way wedge is on my if get time list but if doing that will also add a flywheel.

Can't say this enough. Grease your racks. I was not and the rack was going past the pinion. Added grease and works great.

Picture is of my modds. Rack was only going 1.5 inches from wedge. Makes stringy wood difficult. Top right is of final mod. Drill and tapped new pusher to rack mount holes. Then added a slug in the gap. Works way better on stringy woods.

Not all the pictures are of the same modd. But many trials and errors.

fd53b4c34e3c6f348dc7efeec931cd4a.jpg

Latest posts

Back