Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of your talk about your new Partner makes me want to dig out this Partner K750 demo saw I have John. It runs good, needs some drive parts where it got run over.

Got one of them in a box too ! LOL All I know for sure it needs a muffler. No time to tear into it yet or the Stihl or the Makita chop saws ! LOL I did fix up a Partner 650,gave it to my Nephew ? LOL

Put a B&C on the 350 I did yesterday.It fired right up,so I headed for my log. Before I got to the log 30 yrds away it died ? Started it back up,felt a little tight ? Died again ? Back to the shop to see WTF ? Pulled on the cord , barley budged ! **** ! WTF happen? Pulled the jug off,perfect ? Went to turn the crank, **** ! Won't move ! Tore it all the way back down,bearing is froze up ! How or what happen to that ???? Didn't feel nothing when I put it together ?
Its all back together with another crank and bearings ! Nothing I hate worse than fixing something twice ! :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Just can't figure out what I missed ? Everything was spotless when I put it together,but I didn't have the crank out of this one. Just what I get for trying to get by without checking everything closer like I normally do ! Felt good so I didn't pull it out. ( Now there is some ammo ) :hmm3grin2orange:

Little late to tell my step-brat ! :bang:

Put a B&C on the 350 I did yesterday.It fired right up,so I headed for my log. Before I got to the log 30 yrds away it died ? Started it back up,felt a little tight ? Died again ? Back to the shop to see WTF ? Pulled on the cord , barley budged ! **** ! WTF happen? Pulled the jug off,perfect ? Went to turn the crank, **** ! Won't move ! Tore it all the way back down,bearing is froze up ! How or what happen to that ???? Didn't feel nothing when I put it together ?
Its all back together with another crank and bearings ! Nothing I hate worse than fixing something twice ! :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Just can't figure out what I missed ? Everything was spotless when I put it together,but I didn't have the crank out of this one. Just what I get for trying to get by without checking everything closer like I normally do ! Felt good so I didn't pull it out. ( Now there is some ammo ) :hmm3grin2orange:

Little late to tell my step-brat ! :bang:

Don`t feel bad , friccken bearings can fool everyone. I did it once on a low hour straight gassed SD 120si. Checked the bearigs as best I could without separating the cases, everything felt good and no sounds. I put it all together with a new OEM top end and after running it for an hour or so I could just hear a squeeling sound over the engine noise sometimes.After a couple tanks the noise got louder so I pulled it down and split the cases. Flywheel side bearing was real rough, no visible damage at all. The ball races felt like they were pitted, just tossed both bearings and installed new FAG ones both sides. No probs ever since.

Don`t feel bad , friccken bearings can fool everyone. I did it once on a low hour straight gassed SD 120si. Checked the bearigs as best I could without separating the cases, everything felt good and no sounds. I put it all together with a new OEM top end and after running it for an hour or so I could just hear a squeeling sound over the engine noise sometimes.After a couple tanks the noise got louder so I pulled it down and split the cases. Flywheel side bearing was real rough, no visible damage at all. The ball races felt like they were pitted, just tossed both bearings and installed new FAG ones both sides. No probs ever since.

Thanks Jerry !

I do feel better now,I am not the only one who got fooled that way ! LOL

Thanks Jerry !

I do feel better now,I am not the only one who got fooled that way ! LOL

If you do enough of them you will likely have a failure or two. The SD was a straight gas victim that looked real nice, it must have ingested some aluminum that made its way into the bearing and then the balls rolled it down onto the races. I kept the bearing with intentions of busting it open to see what was wrong but it got lost into the great abbyss of other junk parts. I had a 45 gallon drum at the end of the bench and it got filled at least once a month....LOL

If you do enough of them you will likely have a failure or two. The SD was a straight gas victim that looked real nice, it must have ingested some aluminum that made its way into the bearing and then the balls rolled it down onto the races. I kept the bearing with intentions of busting it open to see what was wrong but it got lost into the great abbyss of other junk parts. I had a 45 gallon drum at the end of the bench and it got filled at least once a month....LOL

All of these I just did were scored,some only a little one was real bad ! May have been this one ? Thinking about it,believe it was ! Could be just what happen !

Back