Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are some out around Oregon,up in the mountains they get.Guys make a years wages just picking them !

Friend of mine is going to Michigan and staying a week just to go mushroom hunting ! NUTS ! LOL

Up in BC along the coast there is a whole culture of transients that gather every year to pick mushrooms,I think its chanterelles that they seek for big money.

Yep , that be the ones ! Couldn't member what they were called. My Uncles out there use to go find them.

Three young lads from close by were doing nothing in life at all, I brought up this mushroom thing and after researching it somewhat they decided to drive out from here to the West Coast and did so in just over 3 days and nights straight through driving. They soon hooked up with a group out there and picked the whole season, they managed to save enough money to come back home after the shrooms died out to spend the rest of the year living it up better than they had ever done. They returned the next year and between picking schrooms and planting trees have stayed out there ever since.

Three young lads from close by were doing nothing in life at all, I brought up this mushroom thing and after researching it somewhat they decided to drive out from here to the West Coast and did so in just over 3 days and nights straight through driving. They soon hooked up with a group out there and picked the whole season, they managed to save enough money to come back home after the shrooms died out to spend the rest of the year living it up better than they had ever done. They returned the next year and between picking schrooms and planting trees have stayed out there ever since.

Don't sound to bad ! LOL If I was stihl young nuff and single ! LOL

May or may not be rings, could be some other cause. How tightly did the piston fit the bore?

DA didn't even check ! Got to be the drugs ! Last couple days have not been good ! LOL

Had 2 other pistons,trashed one of them.Have the other motor together,I did check that piston,plus new rings ! It will run fine when I get it in there. LOL

I have some 018 jugs too,but need cranks for them. The wrist pin is different size on the new pistons I have. I know there is something different about MS180s and 018s,need to look that up.

Last edited:
DA didn't even check ! Got to be the drugs ! Last couple days have not been good ! LOL

Had 2 other pistons,trashed one of them.Have the other motor together,I did check that piston,plus new rings ! It will run fine when I get it in there. LOL

I have some 018 jugs too,but need cranks for them. The wrist pin is different size on the new pistons I have. I know there is something different about MS180s and 018s,need to look that up.

I just stay away from those saws and stick to what I know, PRO series....LOL

I am the only one I know with any PRO saws around here ! LOL Only thing I can sell is cheap **** ! LOL A MS290 is a big saw around here ! LOL

Yeah,..when it comes to selling them you are forced to work on what sells. I only sell 2-3 saws a year and that`s fine with me but I pick up 20 or more each year and that`s the problem.....LOL

Same here. No one wants a pro saw when there are Ranchers and Farm boss saws out there...

Posting from my phone so please ignore grammar errors and typos.

Now a days the general public will buy whatever is the cheapest they can get away with, they don`t plan on keeping a saw for 20 years, just look at getting one and running it til it stops. Toss it and get another plastic fantastic.

Back