Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, no chaps yet but he's got until February until I start getting him running a saw at all. His berfday and he'll be 12. Figure that's a good age. Way he's growing he'll fit into a mans set of chaps by then. He's 11 and he's like 5' 6" now, he'll be 6'4" to - 6'6" when he's done I think.

I got a new set of Stihl chaps....

No, no chaps yet but he's got until February until I start getting him running a saw at all. His berfday and he'll be 12. Figure that's a good age. Way he's growing he'll fit into a mans set of chaps by then. He's 11 and he's like 5' 6" now, he'll be 6'4" to - 6'6" when he's done I think.

I think I was about 8-9 when my dad started me. That was with a husky 136, chaps, and hardhat. Only bucking small stuff in the saw buck. When I was 12 (I think) he started letting me run the 039 for cutting up pallets and bucking small logs. He would never let me run a saw alone until I was 14. Now he has no issue letting me fell beetle kill pine myself. I think I am about as good at running saws as him now. I am a better mechanic than a faller, I end up fixing saws for everyone in the family....

He got me a set of echo chaps when I started out, they end half way up my shins now. I normally borrow his husky chaps, But I would like a good pare for myself sometime. I think you have the right idea waiting until he fits normal chaps before you start him. If you were closer, I would give you my old pair for starting him. Although it sounds like they will be too small by that point. I might put them on craigslist for $20 just to clear off a shelf...

I have an update on the 020 av project. It had a almost totally dissolved case gasket, and I need to seal it up. I understand it's some kind of anerobic sealant I need, but that's about it. Can anyone tell me what to ask for at the auto supply store? If it was my saw I would just use permatex, but seeing as it isn't mine, I really want it to last.

I have an update on the 020 av project. It had a almost totally dissolved case gasket, and I need to seal it up. I understand it's some kind of anerobic sealant I need, but that's about it. Can anyone tell me what to ask for at the auto supply store? If it was my saw I would just use permatex, but seeing as it isn't mine, I really want it to last.

Motorcycle shop,,hondabond,yamabond,etc..

good stuff,not cheap but $10 tube will last a lifetime..

Well , I did some saw work today , I cut 6 rather large and leaning pallets with my DeWalt cordless circular saw , then I used it to cut off several limbs on a few trees that I didn't like the look of .......

Couldn't take it any more, had to take a walk to the field and cause the ramming to cease, very close to stroking out up here in NY..........the ramming ceased.

The ol's son ,, the chef came up tonite to go swimmin..

got him to BBQ for us.

he started with chicken legs and went thru the fridge and,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well,,,damn the guy is GOOD !! :)

he can make a goremay meal outta nuttin !!..

I can cook,,and pretty durn good too,,but this guy makes me look like a ,,,nadian Mc D's !! :)

cant wait till i see what he does with what i bring back tomorrow.. :)

sorry Uncle Mongo,,you should been here yestiday !!

Well , I did some saw work today , I cut 6 rather large and leaning pallets with my DeWalt cordless circular saw , then I used it to cut off several limbs on a few trees that I didn't like the look of .......

You cutting limbs off what you dont like the looks of could leave most of us crippled !!!!

DOWN time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PPhhhttppth !!! on you copy cats !!!

stihlin my trade mark !!

And the day just got better, washing machine burned up. Wife is almost home with a new one......@&$)((;;/-:()&@&$)(;:/-/()&@@);,!!'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wife is on her way home with an $800 washing machine......@&&$@$(//;)@"&$)(((;:::/-:;()$$&&@""&)((;::://--)&@$@@&&&$)(;!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ol's son ,, the chef came up tonite to go swimmin..

got him to BBQ for us.

he started with chicken legs and went thru the fridge and,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well,,,damn the guy is GOOD !! :)

he can make a goremay meal outta nuttin !!..

I can cook,,and pretty durn good too,,but this guy makes me look like a ,,,nadian Mc D's !! :)

cant wait till i see what he does with what i bring back tomorrow.. :)

sorry Uncle Mongo,,you should been here yestiday !!

If I leave now.....

Back