Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well.. FedEx decided my back porch is not secure so they wouldn't leave my 288 there with out someone being there! :msp_angry: Can't say too much though as it is relatively safe right now with them.. just no making cookies tonight.

You guys do realize I have more snow removal equipment than most northern locals....
2 snow blowers
2 tractor snow plows
2 snow blades for two wheel tractors
Insulated bibs
Insulate coveralls
Love to cut and split wood...

I need a winter to break these habits!

Hey guys.
More cleaning of the metal lathe this afternoon.
I have had the change gears soaking in varsol over night, that should have removed all the dirt and metal chip packed cosmoline.....
I wish people would remove cosmoline before playing with machine tools.... It gets really hard to remove after 45 years sitting uncovered in a dusty basement.....
Atleast it is in almost new condition.....

I also got a record bench vise to go with the machining area. It has about 4 coats of paint splatter, and 20 years worth of wood glue covering it.... I think this job will call for some lye... Still a good deal for $25 though...

I am going to talk to the resident master machinist at the museum about a refresher lesson on drill bit sharpening... I have only done a little bit, and although I was good at it, it has been too long since I have done any... I seem to have forgotten how....

Latest posts

Back