Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening Friends!! Got the last of that beautiful red oak home this afternoon! Split the rounds into quarters and threw em into the truck. Got a another medium sized red oak to top off the load! Really great stuff! As good as we get here! Should be good to go for this winter, and some to help a few friends!

Evening Friends!! Got the last of that beautiful red oak home this afternoon! Split the rounds into quarters and threw em into the truck. Got a another medium sized red oak to top off the load! Really great stuff! As good as we get here! Should be good to go for this winter, and some to help a few friends!

Red oak is awesome firewood, I cut n split 22 cord a year for my grandfather to heat his farmhouse each winter.

Hmmm....almost there again. (page II) Did a tiny bit of saw work out on the island.......really, really liking the "new" stove in the camp...so much better working than it's cheep clone....keeps a fire well and can be set so as to not take off in the middle of the night and require window, door and skylite opening!!! Old one was bad that way!!!! Wasn't really cold but stayed very comfy all weekend. Got my brothers house put away for the winter...plumbing drained, fridge cleaned out, stuff put inside, curtains drawn, doors and windows locked, guns secure, power off....done......just thought of one thing we forgot........Marine Stabil in his truck....do that next time I go out.....

Hmmm....almost there again. (page II) Did a tiny bit of saw work out on the island.......really, really liking the "new" stove in the camp...so much better working than it's cheep clone....keeps a fire well and can be set so as to not take off in the middle of the night and require window, door and skylite opening!!! Old one was bad that way!!!! Wasn't really cold but stayed very comfy all weekend. Got my brothers house put away for the winter...plumbing drained, fridge cleaned out, stuff put inside, curtains drawn, doors and windows locked, guns secure, power off....done......just thought of one thing we forgot........Marine Stabil in his truck....do that next time I go out.....
Robin.... Don't think I'll be able to make Bob's GTG! Little too far. Was thinking of maybe going with my father and visiting his brother in Turner's Falls, but don't think he's up to it right now! Old boy is 91!! Can't use the Tacoma so guess it's off! Those Catskills should be some nice this year, but this storm may hurt the color some!

Robin.... Don't think I'll be able to make Bob's GTG! Little too far. Was thinking of maybe going with my father and visiting his brother in Turner's Falls, but don't think he's up to it right now! Old boy is 91!! Can't use the Tacoma so guess it's off! Those Catskills should be some nice this year, but this storm may hurt the color some!

Yeah I'd like to go too....but Lee's GTG used up my saw
funds and spare time for such things.......Oh well something to look forward to another year.......

Good chore to have done and out of the way, great your stove works so well for your application. My camp stove was hand made, cost me a dozen pints of Keiths, airtight and very controlled heat. It will hold a big armload of split wood at a filling, last 6 - 10 hrs depending on air setting. Looks like a fat pig but works so well.

Back