Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep blasting is the best way......the paint on these modern GM wheels is very, very thin and what hasn't fallen off goes away real quick...I was about 15 min per wheel.....nothing to be seen after primer except a little roughness where rust had pitted several twonie sized areas......the stone guard is textured a bit so it all blended to sameness.....like I said probably not for your Vette but fine for studded snows on a work truck...will last as long as the truck probably...148,800 miles on her now.....gonna have 4 new Nokia snowtires on these rims and 4 near new summer tires on OEM chrome rims....these should last the ol' girl out......

Factory don`t even prime them, just a thin coat of paint, cheap mothas! Wouldn`t cost much more to powder coat them and they would last bout as long as the vehicle. Same buddy that sand blasts does powder coating, does 12 rims at a time now but could do upwards of 48 if he made up a racking of some sorts, got a very big oven and does really big pieces.

And here is the finish product all ready for a new set of 265 X 70R 17" studded Nokia Nordsman tires...tomorrow afternoon...
Not to racey but good enough for winter tires on a work truck......should stand up pretty good ....that stone guard is pretty tough stuff.....look better than rust anyway........

truck rims 004.JPG truck rims 005.JPG truck rims 006.JPG truck rims 007.JPG

Back