Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gaawd...you ain't very patient!!! LOLOL!!!

Just happened to come along between posts I guess, looks good, I like the crinkly finish. I did something similar on my old 6 bolt 64 Chevy rims called Krinkle Finiish, looked great but I couldn`t keep em clean no matter how much I washed them Your finish might be better for keeping clean.

Just happened to come along between posts I guess, looks good, I like the crinkly finish. I did something similar on my old 6 bolt 64 Chevy rims called Krinkle Finiish, looked great but I couldn`t keep em clean no matter how much I washed them Your finish might be better for keeping clean.

Yeah one of the nice things about this stone guard is if it gets damaged or dirty beyond cleaning you just shoot on another coat.....no prep...just clean the surface with soap and water....dry and shoot.......similar stuff to spray in bed liner...not as thick or quite as tuff but similar....

Not really crinkly....more nubbly.....LOL!!

Yeah one of the nice things about this stone guard is if it gets damaged or dirty beyond cleaning you just shoot on another coat.....no prep...just clean the surface with soap and water....dry and shoot.......similar stuff to spray in bed liner...not as thick or quite as tuff but similar....

Not really crinkly....more nubbly.....LOL!!

I really like that stuff, back when my 79 was a new truck I taped off the bottom 8" along the bottom of the entire truck sides. The surface was really cleaned and prepped, then I shot 3 sucessive coats of what we then called rocker guard all around. After it dried for one day and night in the garage I top coated it with color matched Sherwin Williams two part urethane, it is still on the truck to this day, coated the inner fenders as well even thicker, that stuff saved that old truck from rust out for over 34 years along with yearly undercoating of oil, graphite and grease, after 5 years I just applied 10 gallons of new motor oil.

Page II Alert!!!! New Nokia's all on the truck........looks good...goes great in the snow....won't be wearing on muh 4WD shifter so much now....summer tires had good tread......got around fine..4wd as needed.......but you know...summer tires....it's winter now.....this is way betterer.....

Better bite on those slippy Maine roads, never see them ovah heer!!

I've run a lot of Nokian tires over the last 15 yrs or so.....never had studded....rather just run snow tires year 'round but ended up getting new rims and summer tires last May to drive down to Johns...old Nokias were getting pretty worn out and noisy for a trip like that. Figgered this time give studs a shot and change back to summer tires/chrome rims the first of May They do dig well...tried them out right after I left the garage...went out on a dirt road where I lived for 11 yrs..they only sand the hills.....good layer of packed now/ice and it was in the middle of a short intense snow squall....near whiteout and wind gusts 40mph or so. Never spun or slid until I did so on purpose. Damn Hard to beat a snow tire built in a country that has a third of it's land mass above the Acrtic Circle......plenty of chances for testing/development!!!!!

Back