Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took all day for the snow n ice to melt off the trees and all the water to drip dry on them, not a nice day for wading brush.

At least it melted some .........yesterday was just above freezing....kept right on snowing and sticking on the NNE sides of everything...trees, cars, houses, telephone poles etc.......temp tanked to about 10 above zero 'Merican so even though the wind came up and blew like crazy......it all stayed put..stihl there too.....2 above right now...'spose to go -5 by morning.......spend tomorrow digging out.....8-16 coming Monday and Monday night......just like old times.....about 30" settled on the ground right now...'nuther foot/foot and a half be good snowshoeing......

Stout looking boat....in good shape from the pic.......funny the crew had no idea why it capsized in good going......loaded poorly or load shift...taking on water.....run aground.....just odd not to know why or give some reason or point the finger at the captain.....something.....

Most of the D'Entrmonts are from the Pubnico/Wedgeport area , pretty close to you as the crow flies .
Goberment observer was on board so I don't think they were trying to hide anything .
Still , never a name I would use for my boat , just because ....

Most of the D'Entrmonts are from the Pubnico/Wedgeport area , pretty close to you as the crow flies .
Goberment observer was on board so I don't think they were trying to hide anything .
Still , never a name I would use for my boat , just because ....

Noticed he didn't make it into the life raft........LOL.... down here that would raise an eyebrow....coincidence ??

I just thought it odd that no one had any reasons/opinions as to why the ship suddenly inverted......

As for the name.......my father would have not expected any different from someone who painted their boat blue....he held you should NEVER paint a boat blue.......bad juju.....

Stout looking boat....in good shape from the pic.......funny the crew had no idea why it capsized in good going......loaded poorly or load shift...taking on water.....run aground.....just odd not to know why or give some reason or point the finger at the captain.....something.....

Load shift and hull leaks are the usual culprits, loose a stuffing box , driveshaft or steering and water inside becomes a problem that the pumps may not be able to keep up with. That ship is a dragger, many of them have been lost to snagging a side door on an immovable object on the ocean floor, the sudden stop occurring on one side can shift the load in the hold to all one side, not a good thing.

Sweating at these temps is a worry , it's hard to keep at the right temp , wool is king and cotton sucks .
I was wrong about the windthrills , it was -10 to -15F up in the open plateau but much nicer in the woods :)
I managed to get 7 trees to the side of the road at full length so I had a great day .

IMG_20150201_125238.jpg

I used that Ice Armor base layer top and bottoms regular bib overalls and a hodie sweat shirt and a fleece pull over hat and gloves. It keeps me pretty warm here in minnesota
We had a -55 windchill the other day and those clothes made it tolarable to work outside for awhile.

Noticed he didn't make it into the life raft........LOL.... down here that would raise an eyebrow....coincidence ??

I just thought it odd that no one had any reasons/opinions as to why the ship suddenly inverted......

As for the name.......my father would have not expected any different from someone who painted their boat blue....he held you should NEVER paint a boat blue.......bad juju.....
Like no green motorcycles years ago.......

Yeah not a great choice.......D'Entremont must be a big name around there...yes? We have one down here but he came from up there somewhere...not sure exactly where......nice enough guy... but an architect ...you know off a couple clicks....
If I'm not mistaken back when we were Swordfishing in the 70's the Best Swordfisherman in the world was a D'Entremont from Nova Scotia!
Cured a brain tumor I heard a few years back!

Latest posts

Back