Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May as well fix that 488 for my co worker tonight, he better remember to use the thinner bar oil in the cold cause these oiler drives can`t stand any abuse. Regular bar oil is much too stiff when the saw is cold and first starts up, takes 5 mins of run tie to heat and thin the summer grade reg bar oil in the tank.

Went to the NAPA store here in town a couple days ago......needed a gal of bar oil....goofy looking kid asks..."You want summah or winta grade?" I blinked, looked outside, looked back at the kid and said "I think it's still winta out.....take winta grade" "Gotta ask" he says....."Nevah know"......:angry: :lol:

They likely know more about Canada than winter, least the ones I talk to know we travel by dogsled up here and live in igloos most of the year,....LOL
Well....at least they know where Canada is......I've been astounded many times over the years that a lot of 'Mericans don't know where Maine is....Hello ......one of the "Corner States"

Well....at least they know where Canada is......I've been astounded many times over the years that a lot of 'Mericans don't know where Maine is....Hello ......one of the "Corner States"
Watter's in Time Square asked a girl awhile back where Maine was and she said near Indiana! :laughing:
Evenin' Robin......calm before the storm. Talking NE, then NW, then back E......gusts over 60 11"s

Watter's in Time Square asked a girl awhile back where Maine was and she said near Indiana! :laughing:
Evenin' Robin......calm before the storm. Talking NE, then NW, then back E......gusts over 60 11"s
Hey Bobby!! Yeah gonna be a drubbin'.......we had it to good so far.....so have to get a little payback!!

Hey Bobby!! Yeah gonna be a drubbin'.......we had it to good so far.....so have to get a little payback!!
No Biggy......Be mostly gone by Wed by the looks. Calling for rain down here Sat., then moderating temps and Sun Monday in 40's!
Luckin' out so far TG......been fightin' the flu! :dizzy: Kicked my @zz but pullin out of it!

This is not a good winter for the skiddah crowd around here......glad I'm not running the mill full tilt.......this is the kinda winter you go through boxes of bits and 2 or 3 filecards.........when sawing, I like to start sharp...saw 'till noon (1000 BFT) lunch, oil up, sharpen and mill until the end of the day ( 'nuther 1000BFT)....clean up, sharpen and go the fek home. This is the kinda year you would have to add 3 more sharpening to the day.......bits are $1.20@ these daze....54 tooth saw...do the math....but a mere drop in the bucket compared to a band mill in the same dirty wood......that would really suck!! You must have sawn just about enough now to realize just how important keeping your logs really clean actually is.........LOL!!!
Dam right I have! They all get debarked now before going on the mill. All in all I love my band mill and the ease of use compared to a chainsaw mill, but I have learned that if it's not tuned right then you might as well try to free hand boards out of logs with a sawzall.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I have had many surprising chats with the real smart peoples over on the West side, some of the conversations really make me smile!!
However the ,Alaskans ,really surprised me with how much they knew about Canada and lil ole Nova Scotia in general.

Latest posts

Back