Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think so as well Robin, thinner frames to crumple in during a rear end collision may save some ones else life. Far back as the 60`s though the first thing to rust out on truck frames were the rear portions, not sure it was a crumple zone back then but my dad had a 75 Ford that the rear frame rusted out before even the steel box bed did. We cut er and put a low mileage Dodge frame to er, welded on about a foot right behind the cab, exactly the same width between frame rails, nevah told the vehicle inspection stations a thing....LOL

We got a **** storm coming in.......as usual this winter it just above zero and just started snowing......snow off and on all day and overnight then sleet and finally rain and wind with temps on the upper 40s tomorrow 3-7" the guesserz say.......very heavy relocatable snow......great......

That depends on your definition of "well".....just finished some billing so that's good........snowing out and looking at working outside today....so that's not so good.....however better than not having work so that's good......as usual the good and the bad are just about a wash......

No chainsaw work today, too brrr ot there but I have one to fix. Had to drive an hour each way to pick up a $3.00 part for a Shindaiwa 488 a co worker owns, a lil black plastic oiler drive. What were they thinking when they made a decent saw with a junky drive like that?
Only ever worked on one of them , didn't think much of it . LOL

That depends on your definition of "well".....just finished some billing so that's good........snowing out and looking at working outside today....so that's not so good.....however better than not having work so that's good......as usual the good and the bad are just about a wash......
Usually how it goes. Lol

You've not heard of Toyoater's recall on truck frames???? 'Nadian Peeet has the most beat Tundra you ever saw.....with a shiny new frame!!
Howdy strangers!
Had the frame replaced on the Tacoma
Morning Kevin
Afternoon Robin! What yah got for weather up there?

Take care Robin!

Dunno.......got 10 years on the Cheby.......only had to replace 1/3 of the frame so far.....LOL!!! Around here about the same as with you.......the 1/2 tons are built very light...the 3/4 ton's frames seem to last way better.....just more metal...takes longer to go away.....but they all go away eventually no matter the brand....winter roads are like going to a saltwater car wash...maybe worse.
Replaced the Tacoma frame and the '94 Chevy ( great wood truck) I had to junk over in Raynham. Frame was too bad. Have a Dodge 4x4 1/2 with a 318 and big tires for the woods! Outer sheet metal is junk but frame is solid.

We got a **** storm coming in.......as usual this winter it just above zero and just started snowing......snow off and on all day and overnight then sleet and finally rain and wind with temps on the upper 40s tomorrow
3-7" the guesserz say.......very heavy relocatable snow......great......
Top'll be frozen.....beautiful!!

I think so as well Robin, thinner frames to crumple in during a rear end collision may save some ones else life. Far back as the 60`s though the first thing to rust out on truck frames were the rear portions, not sure it was a crumple zone back then but my dad had a 75 Ford that the rear frame rusted out before even the steel box bed did. We cut er and put a low mileage Dodge frame to er, welded on about a foot right behind the cab, exactly the same width between frame rails, nevah told the vehicle inspection stations a thing....LOL
I'm lucky down here! Known the "sicker inspector" for 45 yrs. Just hands me it to put on! One time here didn't need one!!!

May as well fix that 488 for my co worker tonight, he better remember to use the thinner bar oil in the cold cause these oiler drives can`t stand any abuse. Regular bar oil is much too stiff when the saw is cold and first starts up, takes 5 mins of run tie to heat and thin the summer grade reg bar oil in the tank.

Only ever worked on one of them , didn't think much of it . LOL

The saw body,chassis and cylinder etc looks like it is decently built, even the oiler its self isn`t too shabby but the lil black plastic disc with the drive gear grooves is really under engineered. Will see how long a new one lasts for him, may surprise me....LOL

Back