Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can see for many of mile all directions there, may even have snapped a few picts between us both. Think I actually turned around in the Mariners Bar drive way, if it`s a brown building on the right hand side of the road coming back from Stonington.
Yep it's kind of at the bottom of the hill on the right heading north.

xJc96gin0X0pGYXSIiDC8gPZkY1yQIHeIjpuRw5VPxEb2GhKueS8C0iBGkNxQxtM9TEpr-EFphSVzACnseAf5uxp7Me4OkK9uN7pqd0jgJcZIV3_vS9dpTKpF4iWIMNm0FkAlAQMK7vms8nBQWIlOR4q-3vpJhahbDtnQZbAgiPD7JD6vHAu4yBnnMZ_I-F448dGXPNIme-2sYx13TTGpoBaaod_8m6DirnT6WTlidrXqk9uZVE-yLGOkBr8soiZjoT9KMd3_6AgnUWxEKPqalpAuFvr4TGZQRwFwPs5O79n1vG5ACzCOZh7vdvhWPpuSXf_vxLaAeAJJO-DdtI5UmOS4T_l8HRPH80Jn70sLPwbqlrDdhCvw-1owPOsvsimz2zk4gGQPp3Cr-7wvbnCEpGxFsiNVOlJPp683tAtD-g8Yt4CV08aAaHcZRZbuuje4URJRn6f72EwIIWAbSzesNGxrL2U6PKlMrj25Mncg87b47MrflTggpiDeYTEpOpZyRuVHpsMFX9N2S6QKsLaXDSrw1DU0tiu6Zo0SCdfzVO-t4HBqdtzGhb5dcTIsds3DS6JVeLp92BwYShWyHOI0kPvfe0UqKL2cB1FNxYSKAH_yBjs0r2pg7VVfLeqY9KkEZ7xPGCgrGG22vaykj5NQBAAJpui8wclHaiXiPtiG2k=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

In memory of the Fabz , may his brief presence make long and lasting impression .
Fabz , you will be missed but not forgotten .
You got that bassakerds ! LOL

Near the bottom of Page II bump!!!!!! Having lunch.....working on the tractor shed....fella coming by this afternoon to pick up the 450 Hoosky I fixed and leave $$$$ ..... damn good saws I think they is........I make monies with them and don't even have to use 'em to cut wood!!!

Funny thing, I build saws and they never leave, they like it here....LOL

LOL!! I know what you mean!! But it's Good to see 'em head out the door and a crisp Franklin sitting on the bar for 1/2 hours work.....Damn good saws I tell ya!!

LOL!! I know what you mean!! But it's Good to see 'em head out the door and a crisp Franklin sitting on the bar for 1/2 hours work.....Damn good saws I tell ya!!

I have sold saws in the past but seem to just collect them now...LOL
When I sell a Stihl the profit margin is high, like 100% and in some instances far more. If I were to advertise these PRO model saws they would sell easily, the last 044 I sold went for $550. PHO , I had less than $70. in at the time.

I have sold saws in the past but seem to just collect them now...LOL
When I sell a Stihl the profit margin is high, like 100% and in some instances far more. If I were to advertise these PRO model saws they would sell easily, the last 044 I sold went for $550. PHO , I had less than $70. in at the time.

This was just a repair for a client.....not my saw...wouldn't been worth near as much if it was mine.....I don't have to own it to make $$$...LOL!!! Good saws!!!

Money making saws are the best ones, not many worth working on around these parts anymore, too easy for the average owner to just pick up a new disposable for less money than a repair. I did have a good run of picking up good saws that needed repair though. My last haul was picking up seven rebuildable Stihl 044 and MS440`s plus innumerable parts, 5 big boxes of for a measly $125. Built 5 runners out of them now, still have 7 good cases and P&C sets, many boxes of spare parts+. 4 of the recent builds were Arctics, still have another Arctic to build also.

This was just a repair for a client.....not my saw...wouldn't been worth near as much if it was mine.....I don't have to own it to make $$$...LOL!!! Good saws!!!
Same way I truly feel about anything that comes through the door here. I always get a little excited then upset when someone drops one, I tell them the verdict and they say just keep it. Another project I have no time to mess with.

Chainsaw repair is just too costly compared to what a new fantastic plastic can be had for, the older good saws are just being tossed as they need repair and a new shiny multi colored plastic toy takes their place. Only the arborist companies are running decent saws around here, even the landscapers and such are using disposable saws.

I let a few go but always more come in than what leaves so never make any headway on clearing them out. These last 4 required the cases to be split and rebuild from the crank up but all the parts needed were all there in multiples except for crank seals. There were 12 new OEM seals in the boxes but they wern`t for 044 or MS440 saws so an order from my friendly local Stihl dealer solved that nicely.

Latest posts

Back