Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOoT !!!!

20170517_132919.jpg

Spray this super slick no stick polymer treatment on your bars gentleman !
Get an instant 11% increase , combine that with slick 50 for bar lube and polly up to 19 % and closer to 23% if you use the ceramic clutch bearing upgrade !!!
Light Sabre I tell ya !!!!!

Only if you use a billet rim sprocket.
That's the only type Steals use....isn't it???.......Always priced that way it seems......Generally pay $4-5 bux for a regular one.....Steel ones at the Stealership always $9-10.....figgered billet or titanium....maybe sintered spiderweb....or something else magical.....

Now I had to go and buy a dwell tach...had a real nice engine analyzer years ago.....when I moved from my old shop I threw out a bunch of **** that had sat unused for years.....we parted company then as every auto I had owned for a long time was elec ign .....kept my nice timing light but tossed the rest. Now I find with this HEI ign I put on the miserable device that I need to accurately run her up to 1600 rpm (weights advanced) and with the vac advance plugged set the timming to 8 degrees ahead....then plug the vac line back in and set the idle to 950 rpm then adjust the vac advance through trial an error to a point of full advance just below gas knock.......all this requires an accurate tach......the things starts and runs fine but getting a gas knock on the hills.....no good.....tach be here next week....me fix....

Now I had to go and buy a dwell tach...had a real nice engine analyzer years ago.....when I moved from my old shop I threw out a bunch of **** that had sat unused for years.....we parted company then as every auto I had owned for a long time was elec ign .....kept my nice timing light but tossed the rest. Now I find with this HEI ign I put on the miserable device that I need to accurately run her up to 1600 rpm (weights advanced) and with the vac advance plugged set the timming to 8 degrees ahead....then plug the vac line back in and set the idle to 950 rpm then adjust the vac advance through trial an error to a point of full advance just below gas knock.......all this requires an accurate tach......the things starts and runs fine but getting a gas knock on the hills.....no good.....tach be here next week....me fix....

Many times I have been tempted to let my old tune up stuff go,like the combination Snap On tach and dwell meters, timing light and vac gauge, had that stuff from the early 70`s and used it a lot back then, fun setting the dual point Prestolite and Mallory distributors. Thought the electronic dist were a gift from heaven....LOL.
Still use that gear on the Bayliner.

No this is a timing issue......heavy rattle....not good...now that I understand exactly how this needs to be set be a piece of cake as long as I have an accurate read on rpm in two places.......just the combination of static advance, centrifugal advance and vac advance all totaled up is to far advanced........'tard it a tad and like will be good......just gotta do it correctly....

No this is a timing issue......heavy rattle....not good...now that I understand exactly how this needs to be set be a piece of cake as long as I have an accurate read on rpm in two places.......just the combination of static advance, centrifugal advance and vac advance all totaled up is to far advanced........'tard it a tad and like will be good......just gotta do it correctly....

As long as it's perfect.....don't even worry about it......

Latest posts

Back