Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhhhh........but Lad.......what could be finer than being out on Ebens Head with half a tumbler of Single malt....top covered by the other hand....and taking it away till you have just the right amount of Rain Water.
Perhaps a dram or two inside first. Checking for lightning and such.......but in a squall on the Head yelling at the top of your lungs to be heard......priceless.........

Geeze Unc.....tried to like that 4-5 tymes but they only let me do it one tyme.....

Tyme to go put Hoss in for the night......neah dark.....saw and gas & oil in the truck.....'puter headed that way....then home.....settle in and watch TV until we can't.....fire the Kazawaki and view on......gonna be a night I fear......tall green canz for the win!!!!!! Freekin WOOOT!!!!

Geeze Unc.....tried to like that 4-5 tymes but they only let me do it one tyme.....
Slocan Lake BC ......thunder storm, lightning with daughter
Baldy Mountain near Cimaron NM....thunder storm, lightning at night
Selkirk Shores NY ......thunder storm, ,BIG wind with a drink. Big waves.
49 Palms Oasis CA ......sand storm, back to the wind.....hand over drink
Quail Mountain in Joshua Tree.........snow storm.....with a good woman who loved weather too.
All different....yet all the same. And a smile on my face.

When I go I'd like it in a place like that......shot by a jealous husband at 98.....or dancing a Tango with a beautiful woman at 95......any would do.

Loading the boat to head home from the camp the sky was clear and sun out bright, light Southerly wind very little wave action but within 15 mins the big heavy dark clouds started racing across the sky, another 15 mins and those dark clouds hid the sun and had the sky covered horizon to horizon in all directions. Got home before any precip but likely not far off, thought thunder or lightening would happen at any second.

Quail Mountain in Joshua Tree.........snow storm.....with a good woman who loved weather too.

When I go I'd like it in a place like that......shot by a jealous husband at 98.....or dancing a Tango with a beautiful woman at 95......any would do.

LOL...again Unc.....same as post above!!! WOOT!!

Hoss in for the night......fresh Haddock in the oven also with baked tatahz.....last of the garden brocs.......a few beets and greenz......good eatin'!! No rain or wind yet, but ceiling is lowering...air thickening.....media outlets spreading doom and gloom......of coursed I'm all nerved up.....tall green canz for the win!!!.....(Self medication)..LOL!!

Ive got pics on top of Baldy. Took a nap up there. Left at 3am to see the sun rise on top... was worth it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wind started up a while back.....little rain.....but according to my radar loops we're just on the eastern edge of a major **** storm.....up through the middle of the state, clear up into Keebec.....coming this way though....power flickering a bit....have to put and extra hair tie in muh ponytail today!!!!

WHOOOYEAH!!! The wind is coming up with the sun I fear....raining like hell.....power on and off.....one good thing about a laptop is that it doesn't flip out when the power fails....you're just not connected any longer.....proving it now!!!
Hang on.....

To the coffee pot!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What I would've given for half the Hi Tech equipment there is today.

I still carry the same amount of gear into the backwoods but the load has gotten nearly 10 lbs lighter, the tent alone is 5 lbs lighter, some sort of gossamer fabric looks like it would blow away with your breath but tough as all get out.

Latest posts

Back