Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shop power restored at 4:00 pm today!!!!.........saws coming in like crazy for repair, chain grinding etc........maybe I should open a saw shop......LOL!! How much would I despise that if it turned into a JOB???? FEEK dat!!!
And had to work on any jerks saw. Not just the fun ones you want to.

Shop power restored at 4:00 pm today!!!!.........saws coming in like crazy for repair, chain grinding etc........maybe I should open a saw shop......LOL!! How much would I despise that if it turned into a JOB???? FEEK dat!!!
Turns into no fun real fast. I know I was getting real burnt on them.. raised the price to where I didn't feel so burned... much better now!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hmmmm.......had a Dolmar PS 540 that I did some work on a while back come back a couple days ago. Would start an run pretty good...I had to tweek the L&H a tad but actually cut a 20 or so fir 4' logs into 16" stove wood ran fine.....called the guy and say his saw is ready.....he says "did you shut it off and then try to restart?" "No" I says.....the yesterday morning first I fired it up and got it good and warm....shut it down and no suh.... she would not reignite. Fussed with that for awhile...found the metering lever to be just a tad to high.....seemed to help but still not good.....put in a new CJ7Y and she started right up, shut it off and started right up...did that 5 times....hmmm must be it me thinks. Put all the covers back on and do you think it would start again?...NOPE! I was suspicious of the carb...had a bent H needle....it was bent outside but who knows what that means to the seat and L was out about 2 1/2 turns in order for it to run at all. The more I fussed with the worse it ran!!! GGGGRRRRR. So we talked it over and started looking for a new carb.....nothing online...so the guy went down to the Dolmar dealer in town...explained that I was working on his saw and thought it might be the carb....they could not get a new one...so Donny gave him two boxes of beat 540 stuff.....basically two complete saws in pieces....so we built a new carb and I did some research....2 1/2 turn out is pretty ball park on this carb (Walbro 465A)......so we started her up and nothing had changed....stihl didn't run worth a ****....seemed to be hunting for fuel at speed. So I swapped out the coil ( which I also suspected all along)........BANG......she ran steady if out of tune.....put the screw drivah to 'er and she dialed right in...ran, idled and restarted perfect......the guy was happy and was ready to throw the rest of the free parts on the dump....WHOH I says...you need to keep all this stuff for as long as you own this saw..........Ahhhhhhh the seeds of CAD have been sowed!!!!!

Hate to run across saws like that . Got a little Husky I can't get running right . Its on the shelf till I feel like trying again . LOL
Yeah.....I have a 51 here that is/was the same way....been here a couple-three years.....I rebuilt the whole thing and it ran great but started having a restart issue....changed the coils out 3-4 times.....went back into the carb a couple more times.....everything is new but it won't run quite right. The fella showed up the other day really wanting his saw...LOL!! So I just bought a China carb for it....$13.00 delivered...carb, filter and two feet of green/yellow tygon....$13.00??? Started second pull and dialed right in but only tyme will tell on how it runs in the field. But it's ready to go away now......and hopefully stay away this time.

Had a carb on a 372 here that just wouldn`t dial in and stay dialed, would go from rich to lean and back again and I tore that carb apart more than twice. Took out the Welch plugs and every piece that would come off that carb body. Ended up swapping the throttle and choke shafts over to another carb body and put it on the 372, dialed in and is still running perfect, makes no sense but that is one of the very few I couldn`t fix.

Yep......I put that 51 carb through the USC a couple times.....couple kits.....it ran... just not correctly and would change as she warmed up....hopefully this no-name China carb fixes that...
Had a bad one on a Echo CS670 quite a few years back, seats were damaged from dorks ramming the adjustment screws in too hard. I had worked on this saw many times,was from a local firewood yard where anyone could and did run it. Those guys were out to destroy the saw as they only wanted Stihl saws and they mistreated the Echo badly. I finally rebuilt the whole thing and told the yard owners to sell it or never bring it back to me again.

ShaZamm !!!

ZPprScyOX6dVexOIvnlvvGnkFMDmaQ6yWRA1VTmUfnHm__QoJrPHLKVfALE1VhIpPSLSSg7IHCwGpFe_lavmWsdwC7G0YULofmhXPNTHOP8CWU6gS9FZUz3uJBU7PzKmZU7tDyBdU-wy20U3Bzit8Jj2617VCn7X5DCNVstKpOud4v-PYgBbUII3cPMYF3YDEd20hDLUoJxx6iwELTcoqh1W5W5MwlkRVezRgWP28L2t5xOwdmUES4FrGMe0j0Ob-cLE8BeMdMgjEEDTeUcoeDk7vLQl9Y85s8Px_VkQgopRP-ktCN_xV-6EpMtqnwJWuVxxuO_EeUqFK1rxCKu32k-NK-bWXgY0ApQv_nB3CDfVLaR4c-a_2YKNEwgnb3fO3wHV9pzbbf7-t0RSTGNKREfKhivmlLEsrDM4kOSUUGiMXXgyNHuWCy9LPHaQQCOqaX7o0IqSwNfPLO90i5gyUQfmvNuqpx0GgwAHWRP4PSxFsvl1yZZArS4g4e-4AR5tO0R3edHBKqKRSBVCHL-NklZO1XWbifMgLu20Gw5nS-rJcrexgmYlwaHySypSZkrmZQNUAKqFyL4kS0UCGcG055EJ2mXlJ2adkKqprhReV8FzzHPVzNVmzmNX76Knvos0cftxdPGi0xpPukeY4FZqp1LINOZHSy9Y1XI2=w1663-h935-no

Stihl cut wood !

Latest posts

Back