Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the morning rebuilding this darn carb for the 015, don`t have a great feeling about it ever working properly again, just too much interior damage to the carb body and circuit plate. I will install it along with all of the new replacement parts and see if it works or not.

Spent the morning rebuilding this darn carb for the 015, don`t have a great feeling about it ever working properly again, just too much interior damage to the carb body and circuit plate. I will install it along with all of the new replacement parts and see if it works or not.
Don't sound like its got much hope of working right again .

Don't sound like its got much hope of working right again .
Just looking at the inside condition does not give me much hope for it, its pitted and the circuit plate has rust pits in it also, I had to boil it for about an hour to get the circuit plate free from the main body, couple trips through the USC and it looks clean just kinda rough inside.

Just looking at the inside condition does not give me much hope for it, its pitted and the circuit plate has rust pits in it also, I had to boil it for about an hour to get the circuit plate free from the main body, couple trips through the USC and it looks clean just kinda rough inside.
Never know until you try...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have resurrected some fairly scuzzy looking carbs over the years but this one really takes the cake. I guess storing them away in heated areas with fuel mix in them is much worse than storing them out in a cold building.

Would think it would be better for them ?
From my own experiences, I would say so as I have found old forgotten about saw that were just left in old outbuildings for 25 even 30 years, mix left in them and no protection over them that were real easy to clean up.

You got me so worried I just shoveled out the Free Flow.....had two fires in it so far but cleaned the chimney last weekend and now the stove itself....lugged two and a haff 20 gal metal trash canz of ashes out of it......more room for wood!!!! Have to run her up tomorrow....gotta make a bunch of stuff in here this weekend to go to camp first of the week......window trim, window sills, a pair of cornerboards and 24 feet of frieze board rabbeted to accept cedar shingles and half lap vertical window trim...etc.

You got me so worried I just shoveled out the Free Flow.....had two fires in it so far but cleaned the chimney last weekend and now the stove itself....lugged two and a haff 20 gal metal trash canz of ashes out of it......more room for wood!!!! Have to run her up tomorrow....gotta make a bunch of stuff in here this weekend to go to camp first of the week......window trim, window sills, a pair of cornerboards and 24 feet of frieze board rabbeted to accept cedar shingles and half lap vertical window trim...etc.

Picture needed when done.

Got a low fire on here tonight, just burning large chunks of Larch I cut and split two full years back, now very dry but retains a lot of weight, almost comparable to rock maple or oak on a piece by piece basis, good heat and lasts a long while also. Never burned it before, always left it standing but had to take down 5 large ones on a house lot, instead of tossing them on the burn pile with all the brush I loaded them in the tandem dump truck and moved them to the firewood lot. Stuff splits ok also, kept the splits just small enough to get through the door of the airtight.

Got a low fire on here tonight, just burning large chunks of Larch I cut and split two full years back, now very dry but retains a lot of weight, almost comparable to rock maple or oak on a piece by piece basis, good heat and lasts a long while also. Never burned it before, always left it standing but had to take down 5 large ones on a house lot, instead of tossing them on the burn pile with all the brush I loaded them in the tandem dump truck and moved them to the firewood lot. Stuff splits ok also, kept the splits just small enough to get through the door of the airtight.

Oh yeah Hack burns good...a lot of snap , crackle , pop to it......great for this tyme of year....only draw back is it leaves no coals like hardwood....when it's done it's ovah.....I burn every one I get my hands on.

Oh yeah Hack burns good...a lot of snap , crackle , pop to it......great for this tyme of year....only draw back is it leaves no coals like hardwood....when it's done it's ovah.....I burn every one I get my hands on.

I starting to like it, don`t mind the sounds one bit and very little ash/clinkers left behind = less to be cleaned out. Hardwood makes too much heat for now and leaves behind a whole lot more ash and clinkers, build up quick and require frequent cleanouts. I will likely cut more of em in the future, gots plenty of bigguns around here as they are not usually cut for firewood.

I starting to like it, don`t mind the sounds one bit and very little ash/clinkers left behind = less to be cleaned out. Hardwood makes too much heat for now and leaves behind a whole lot more ash and clinkers, build up quick and require frequent cleanouts. I will likely cut more of em in the future, gots plenty of bigguns around here as they are not usually cut for firewood.

Yep the very best of the softwoods for firewood and true about the ash and great heat for this time of year.....just not as good as hardwood for the overnight burn and morning restart.

Real cheery and loud stuff in a fireplace too, as long as you have a good screen to contain the fireworks!!!!

Bigger chunks is the secret , last all night and still plenty to restart in the morning.

I guess that depends on your heating requirements and time between loadings......I can fill the Free Flow with Hack at 7 PM and by 7AM the shop is still warm but no coals to be found.......maple/ash on the other hand just requires a raking and toss in some more wood....no kindling.....

Latest posts

Back