Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you consider a trade, I got a truckload of all mag Homies, ya can have em all, fill yer truck box full next time you are up this way. Worth much monies just for scrap, wait a min, that all they is likely good for, some run but they might have air leaks.......LOL

Nah...no trades....I've had this saw since 1965....couldn't get it to run....didn't know much about saws back then other than my first saw which was a Lombard.....anyway ended up trading it off with a friend for something else I didn't need.......he was going to a local vocational school and took it in to their shop as his "Project".....went all through it, new seals, carb kit, fuel line, points etc. Got it running great but even though this guy was 6' 8" and weighed 275 lbs. and cut a fair amount of wood, he had little interest in actually using it even as a yard saw. So it sat some more and a couple years later I took it back in trade just to even out the value of two other things we were trading. I took it back to the island of it's youth for a camp saw.....my father, then in his 80's said it was to heavy for him.....so it sat some more.....I was out there one fall and ran out of wood and there was a nice dry spruce blowdown about 16" dia. I filed the Mac and fired it up.....at WOT you could count the teeth go by......I worried two blocks off the stump in ten minutes and shut it off......it hasn't been started since....that would have been...perhaps 1980. I took the 49sp out the next trip and finished the rest of the tree in about ten minutes.....about a quarter cord.....LOL!!

I STILL HAVE 5 -6 McCullochs hanging around, they were my uncles from mothers side of family. He had a bunch of those 10-10 series saws that never ran right. He would tinker with them all the time and could get one to run an hour or so each day. I ran my Pioneer and it would bury him in wood any day were out there cutting.He just couldn`t give up on those old McCullochs with those bullfrog carbs. Maybe he was smarter than one thinks, he could tinker the day away while others put the wood on the ground.

I STILL HAVE 5 -6 McCullochs hanging around, they were my uncles from mothers side of family. He had a bunch of those 10-10 series saws that never ran right. He would tinker with them all the time and could get one to run an hour or so each day. I ran my Pioneer and it would bury him in wood any day were out there cutting.He just couldn`t give up on those old McCullochs with those bullfrog carbs. Maybe he was smarter than one thinks, he could tinker the day away while others put the wood on the ground.

Yep.....those 10-10s were poor....I've told this story before but I don't think in this thread.....so....the year is 1977.....my future sawmill partner bought one brandy new....$179.00 plus tacks.......a little later in the year I bought my 49SP.....he laffed hiz azz off when I told him I paid $250.00 out the door....Suckka! he screamed!! We cut wood together all the time......the second time out I was cutting along "quietly" and I heard this raging (as he did frequently)......and looked up to see him swinging the 10-10 by the bar and smacking it repeatedly against a yellow birch.....when he was done he still had the bar in his hand with a bit of unrecognizable yellow metal still attached.....the snow around the tree was covered in more yellow metal and black plastic....................the next weekend he showed up with a brand new 70E.....we ran those two Jonsereds together the next ten years.....real good pair...the saws I mean. I still have my saw and a couple years back I inquired about his 70E.......he had twin boyz.....they were absolute evil on the planet.......bad seeds and not to bright....they straight gassed the 70E when Foster made them cut firewood whilst they were still living at home.......the saw went to the dump......the boyz are still living at home.....I think they're 37 years old now...

Yep.....those 10-10s were poor....I've told this story before but I don't think in this thread.....so....the year is 1977.....my future sawmill partner bought one brandy new....$179.00 plus tacks.......a little later in the year I bought my 49SP.....he laffed hiz azz off when I told him I paid $250.00 out the door....Suckka! he screamed!! We cut wood together all the time......the second time out I was cutting along "quietly" and I heard this raging (as he did frequently)......and looked up to see him swinging the 10-10 by the bar and smacking it repeatedly against a yellow birch.....when he was done he still had the bar in his hand with a bit of unrecognizable yellow metal still attached.....the snow around the tree was covered in more yellow metal and black plastic....................the next weekend he showed up with a brand new 70E.....we ran those two Jonsereds together the next ten years.....real good pair...the saws I mean. I still have my saw and a couple years back I inquired about his 70E.......he had twin boyz.....they were absolute evil on the planet.......bad seeds and not to bright....they straight gassed the 70E when Foster made them cut firewood whilst they were still living at home.......the saw went to the dump......the boyz are still living at home.....I think they're 37 years old now...

That the guy that believed beating on tools taught them a lesson?....LOL

Start a fight?

Let’s talk about climbing with gaffs & a flip line in comparison to swinging around in Trees like monkeys!!!

If we were meant to swing around in trees we'd have been born with tails ...

RwMinfJllOt6_OIO5tKhPFOXDkiny4tjb4uGd6F6y94DACewqJ8aitQ5AOLFeKJtnD0B2VSSRmk40KeNHLJiktmyhqann6lohw61ksQZYmwPG4x1I5-tRAnNb2FODUJVF2kBqiCgO68XPtAKQnmdaBfngVMABNdlAtZvSzUGhC_WWFzhx6NlEyW1Tgjb4FTt0nECGQ3ysVAWjroedE1219KkVmn5fg8OVc_4OsdsPlBqMgGkKwcrodnfYSkYQ5OVcBFTw-f4aTx8ESvwW6X2RZB7nREy6wglbFDKMCrxAG1ibGtpKlIPziTARomnXqZsE3MY9I8jBeVSXAWhw5ovaEC3WFKiHfCNxnF8stR8zqOhqNypJBlxlJbF0_atuybbU-ymBJxJby-rqwdJ6QgVLI3rIfmM9e3dE5ZiK0PR-k8C_GKu0rRtk5EKrGA7LbPQlS0Dh1M8x60pFpu858xXZ63XVnaML1fue36f8E2zvH9PLc6bCSjFkf1guCad_PwHOulhAZmeM67Nqr5Y5mYXugZWyBHla9-uHsn6ppikcjYob7ax95By2pH2xAcofnkSTI9fKqf3L7aNM3RJ031gmzqKHSf7sn2IqNJP_LLqvvp_X7yucekFN-B7AAxbKcCYs4UXDu44K_I3wgaxOI1-6kfwdJC2WdS2uA=w1663-h935-no

056 Top end goes well on an 064 or 066.......

I started on a Disston 100........bought new in 48 by my dad.....heating a 13 room house in Up state NY.

Near The Tug Hill plateau .....saw 108” of snow........ in 48Hrs in 66.

Hey Ron!!!

Miss it much.

056 Top end goes well on an 064 or 066.......

I started on a Disston 100........bought new in 48 by my dad.....heating a 13 room house in Up state NY.

Near The Tug Hill plateau .....saw 108” of snow........ in 48Hrs in 66.

Hey Ron!!!

Miss it much.

All of those extra periods perfectly convey your adverse feelings towards me.

Nope....check back......I do that all the time..........ask anyone.

Maybe had you replied to me about why you think I’m a country bumpkin I wouldn’t have to make such, insinuations. Can, you answer my question?

Latest posts

Back