Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
f4fa157a44a7a32a6696e9972bc941a6.jpg

I imagine its times like that you get tense thinking will the mooring hold. Every piece of ground tackle better do its job....
True that Jimmy!!! You'll notice in that pic of the Seaway being tossed about that the main mooring pennant is hanging straight down and she's actually riding on her bow anchor with a lot of scope and the red buoy is another, lighter anchor deployed forward in a "V" configuration as a storm anchor. She has tacked to the port in the pic so it too is slack at the time. At that time my ground tackle was not in the best condition and did not instill much confidence. It has all been replaced since..... in the first pic of a calm day you'll see the pennant is attached to a large mooring buoy..... that is at the end of 18' of new 'Merican made galvanized 3/8" top chain which attached to the 22' of 1/2" bottom chain of the same manufacture. All hooked to a brand new well set 175lb mushroom anchor. The bottom is good there so I can sleep at night when it's blowing hard...... the whole setup weighs in around 350lbs which is plenty to hold that boat in all but the heaviest blows. Stihl have the two onboard anchors at the ready if needed. Don't like having to go look for my boat before muh morning koffee.....it's never pleasant when you find it.....been there...done that.....not this boat though.

Latest posts

Back