Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need to go dig me up some sassafras roots ! Always like tea from that ! Haven't dug any in a long time ? May not be any of them trees left round here ? Should be , but not sure where on my place here ? One way to find out ! LOL
Can`t say I ever had any, heard about it though. I like evergreen tea, tastes like mint.

Up here in the Great White North we have a plant that stays green all year round, it grows really close to the ground and has sort of shiny waxy looking leaves. It also has nice red berries on it and they taste great. We use the leaves and the berries to steep tea from, its good.

Up here in the Great White North we have a plant that stays green all year round, it grows really close to the ground and has sort of shiny waxy looking leaves. It also has nice red berries on it and they taste great. We use the leaves and the berries to steep tea from, its good.
Jerry pick Em every time I'm in the woods! The berries are Uva Ursi!! Great herb found in every Health Food Store. Great for Urinary tract infections and Upper Respiratory infections! Also a diuretic! Found a spot at the base of the Pine Hills where they are nearly 1/2 inch long!! Largest ones I've ever seen!!

Can`t say I ever had any, heard about it though. I like evergreen tea, tastes like mint.
Used to dig the roots for tea every Spring and Fall! Roots go down a few inches and take an abrupt l turn! If your careful can get a long section of root! Great blood purifier, and with honey makes a wonderful tea! Lobsterman I knew mixed his with Jack Daniels! LOL

Playing a little in the wood pile , finished up splitting the GTG wood. Body is telling me it wasn't a smart thing to do ! LOL Just gotta do something round here , bout to go stir crazy ! Stihl can't figure out why the OL hasn't yelled at me fer doing it yet ? She always does if I do anything like that ! LOL Think she was just to tired from working 10 hrs.

Jerry pick Em every time I'm in the woods! The berries are Uva Ursi!! Great herb found in every Health Food Store. Great for Urinary tract infections and Upper Respiratory infections! Also a diuretic! Found a spot at the base of the Pine Hills where they are nearly 1/2 inch long!! Largest ones I've ever seen!!

On my way to and from my favorite fishing spot I pass a slope on the riverbank about 20' X 20' that has the richest green leaves n the biggest red berries I ever seen in this province. I always stop n eat my fill of berries, likely 1 -2 cups each trip and fill my pockets with leaves and some berries. Make tea back there fishing and again when I get back home. I can pick them just behind my place anytime but the berries are smaller and the leaves less green there.

Back