Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw the Noaa Radar early this morning! Started raining here around 8:00 AM. Winds over 50 tonight and 60 in the morning! Going out after this to try and find some dry wood!

At least my winters wood is dry, piled in the woodhouse keeps it that way. Even keep next years wood covered to keep out the rain, makes more work doing it that way but really pays off.

I just been outside.........and it is definitely better in here........cookstove mulling along well and the living room stove happily turning Jonsereds cut wood into radiation and ash........overall temp 72.9 'Merican in here.....temp outside is a little less than half that at 35 'Merican....and dropping....

Can you guys juice up my Kita ??

VWXp4_VeERYefXZocYCiJj1Ny4MNiOa8tuicmOc9sZk=w518-h387-p-no

I just been outside.........and it is definitely better in here........cookstove mulling along well and the living room stove happily turning Jonsereds cut wood into radiation and ash........overall temp 72.9 'Merican in here.....temp outside is a little less than half that at 35 'Merican....and dropping....
Robin, blew upwards of 60 last night with rain! Now been snowing for an hour! WC tonight 14!!

What about the 268?

Been a long dreary day here also, did some honey do list stuff, cleaned up some of my hand tools, charged up the cordless sets, all ready to go tomorrow. Picked up a very nice bench top drill press, owner was anxious to sell as he is moving out West.

A benchtop drill press is handy..........I have a 12 spd one made in Taiwan 1984......original 5/8 chuck sucked...replaced with the cheapest Grizzily 5/8 chuck...like $19 when I bought it...maybe like '92.....damn thing runs very true...within a couple thousandths.........unreal......just lucky I'm sure...but an extremely handy and much used press......have much better Delta floor model with infinite variable speed.....like 150 to 3200.......but use the old benchtop for most metal drilling....Delta for wood boring setups..........

This one was an old school all cast iron Delta 12 speed 1/2 horse 5/8" Jacobs keyed chuck. Belonged to the sellers dad, passed it on to him about 20 years ago, almost mint condition. Couldn`t buy a cheap B&D hand held 3/8" drill for what I got it for. I think I will get my money`s worth out of it.

This one was an old school all cast iron Delta 12 speed 1/2 horse 5/8" Jacobs keyed chuck. Belonged to the sellers dad, passed it on to him about 20 years ago, almost mint condition. Couldn`t buy a cheap B&D hand held 3/8" drill for what I got it for. I think I will get my money`s worth out of it.

I think mine is probably a clone of that........I don't usually like cheep junk.......but this one has stood the test of time.....it's 3/4 hoss.....done a lot of work with it for what I paid in '84 ...probably still more than you paid for yours. I generally lean toward the older tools........ I have an old Delta Homecraft sliding radial drill press I really like too....old school all cast iron....smooth rig......half hoss...paid $100 for that one.....

Latest posts

Back