Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We is rockin' anda rollin' here this morning...full blizzard conditions!! March blizzards can be quite fierce....I remember back in the mid 70s we had one......'memah it well...went on for three days and we unloaded 40 ton a day of 100lb bags of Black Beauty sand blasting sand from tractor trailers by hand......lugged it from the street into the shop....piled it on pallets.......40 bags to the pallet.....slung it out and lowered down into our supply boat....6 pallets was a load.....then beat out to the anchorage in Hussey Sound and hoisted the pallets aboard a German flagged tanker....The Esso Dresden......blowing.....snowin' like all git out...find the ship by radar....come in under her stern on the lee side and then wait alongside until they were ready to hoist out which was never right when we arrived...so we'd lay alongside bouncing off that old tub....sometimes an hour or more.....Oh man wet & cold didn't describe it.....every trip on the boat I came back soaked to the bone.....jump in the truck and run to my apartment change cloths back to the ones I wore last trip.....usually almost dry by then....damn.....what a 21-22 year old would do back then just to eat!!!.....

I think we will blow it off
5639b6dd7163a72652574d2b7336a2f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We is rockin' anda rollin' here this morning...full blizzard conditions!! March blizzards can be quite fierce....I remember back in the mid 70s we had one......'memah it well...went on for three days and we unloaded 40 ton a day of 100lb bags of Black Beauty sand blasting sand from tractor trailers by hand......lugged it from the street into the shop....piled it on pallets.......40 bags to the pallet.....slung it out and lowered down into our supply boat....6 pallets was a load.....then beat out to the anchorage in Hussey Sound and hoisted the pallets aboard a German flagged tanker....The Esso Dresden......blowing.....snowin' like all git out...find the ship by radar....come in under her stern on the lee side and then wait alongside until they were ready to hoist out which was never right when we arrived...so we'd lay alongside bouncing off that old tub....sometimes an hour or more.....Oh man wet & cold didn't describe it.....every trip on the boat I came back soaked to the bone.....jump in the truck and run to my apartment change cloths back to the ones I wore last trip.....usually almost dry by then....damn.....what a 21-22 year old would do back then just to eat!!!.....
I hear yah Brother!!! sometimes lie awake at night marveling at what we did and how we are still alive!!!
See yah on Radar!! Thought Id check in and give yah a shout!! Abatein' here....I'd say over in 45! Stay loose!! I'd say about 16th different! Suns stronger this year!!

I think we will blow it off
5639b6dd7163a72652574d2b7336a2f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
We had a '51 Plymouth "Woody" station wagon with a 383 Hemi bored out to 60thou.....had balloony tires and a Hydromatic tranny!! Used to blow down Plymouth Beach at low tide 3 mi Peninsula in about 3 min.!! Take it out of the barn drive down back winding way up thru Chiltonville up to Pilgrims Hiway, across the medial strip and nail it all the way to the Canal( Cape Cod Canal) around the Rotary.....Punch it and Blast all the way back to the barn!! Stateies sometimes in there 429s would be blastin' up and down Sunrise Ave looking for my brother, who was 9 at the time, and me 12!! We'd be in the Woody all smiles and laughin'!!! Thems were the days!!!

We got hit here with a big one on May 10 1972, all the lakes were open so my parents and youngest brother were up at the camp on the lake. Overnight and all through that day it dumped snow, 12" in total but the wind whipped er about good. Wouldn`t you just know it, dad decided to come home through the worst part of that storm, wide open 16' homebuilt wooden boat driven by a 15 hp Viking. Never understood his liking for beating the elements.

We got hit here with a big one on May 10 1972, all the lakes were open so my parents and youngest brother were up at the camp on the lake. Overnight and all through that day it dumped snow, 12" in total but the wind whipped er about good. Wouldn`t you just know it, dad decided to come home through the worst part of that storm, wide open 16' homebuilt wooden boat driven by a 15 hp Viking. Never understood his liking for beating the elements.
I do......was taught by the best......my old Man......to Love and experience this Planet in it fullest!! Until yah do that you haven't lived!!
One of the most exillerating things was to be up in the Topmast.....the Crows Nest out Georges in a Gale!!! Absolutely Loved it!! With Nothing but the Ocean all around......the Waves, the Sky, and You!!!

I do......was taught by the best......my old Man......to Love and experience this Planet in it fullest!! Until yah do that you haven't lived!!
One of the most exillerating things was to be up in the Topmast.....the Crows Nest out Georges in a Gale!!! Absolutely Loved it!! With Nothing but the Ocean all around......the Waves, the Sky, and You!!!
And splash. Lol
Not to mention big fish, I don't like big fish.

We had a '51 Plymouth "Woody" station wagon with a 383 Hemi bored out to 60thou.....had balloony tires and a Hydromatic tranny!! Used to blow down Plymouth Beach at low tide 3 mi Peninsula in about 3 min.!! Take it out of the barn drive down back winding way up thru Chiltonville up to Pilgrims Hiway, across the medial strip and nail it all the way to the Canal( Cape Cod Canal) around the Rotary.....Punch it and Blast all the way back to the barn!! Stateies sometimes in there 429s would be blastin' up and down Sunrise Ave looking for my brother, who was 9 at the time, and me 12!! We'd be in the Woody all smiles and laughin'!!! Thems were the days!!!

Myself and a couple friends, younger brother wanted to build a true sleeper. We had some tools, cutting gear, welders n such but little money to spare but we found a Fiat 124, just an ugly lil bugger with a hammered engine. We measured up the engine compartment and figured we could wedge a 327 SB in er with some work. Little car had a strong rear end and leaf springs so we figured it might stand up to just speed cruising, not drag racing. Had a roll over 1967 SS malibu at our disposal, low miles on the engine and tranny, with a good bit of torch work, bit of fab work and plenty of new sheet metal bending we got er up and running. Had a good bit of fun with it but it was not road legal so had to sneak it out, make a run and put it away...LOL.
No idea how fast it was but no 4 banger stood a chance against it...

Join in Brother! Yoused to live out by yah!!
Just out cleaning away this slush and feeding turkeys and birds and spotted a Fischer cat 2/3rds up other side of this Basin (Holla) Big sucka munchin' away on something. Either a duck or a squirrel....but maybe one of these Turkeys been coming up all winter to feed. He must be the one got some of my cats few years ago. Heard him screaming out here one turbulent night. Lost 9 cats in 2 weeks. Him, coyotes, and hawks. Might go out with this old Winchester 33 and take a few at him. Only thing rt up here only 450 yrds from Town! lol Never know it by all these woods back here though. Town Park now was once Jenny's Mill! First grain and saw mill in America!

Myself and a couple friends, younger brother wanted to build a true sleeper. We had some tools, cutting gear, welders n such but little money to spare but we found a Fiat 124, just an ugly lil bugger with a hammered engine. We measured up the engine compartment and figured we could wedge a 327 SB in er with some work. Little car had a strong rear end and leaf springs so we figured it might stand up to just speed cruising, not drag racing. Had a roll over 1967 SS malibu at our disposal, low miles on the engine and tranny, with a good bit of torch work, bit of fab work and plenty of new sheet metal bending we got er up and running. Had a good bit of fun with it but it was not road legal so had to sneak it out, make a run and put it away...LOL.
No idea how fast it was but no 4 banger stood a chance against it...
Jerry.....you getting this storm?

Latest posts

Back