Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we will blow it off
5639b6dd7163a72652574d2b7336a2f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
You get used to that speed1 When we had the Cobra Jet......428 '69 Torino fastback we would cruise around doing 90. Not many on the road back then. Make Boston in 15-20 min. now takes 11/2 hrs......if yah lucky......bumper to bumper Yuppies!!

Jimmy......what chu got there??.....a 'Nadian speedo-meetah in your truck?????
I was joking with a buddy this new truck feels real good with 1500lbs in the bed. Well this AM traffic was moving good. Then I thought about a setting I saw the other day. Flip the switch and man the needle jumped over! Do the math we were still rolling on with a quickness... well quick for me. This new small block rolls on down the road real well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was joking with a buddy this new truck feels real good with 1500lbs in the bed. Well this AM traffic was moving good. Then I thought about a setting I saw the other day. Flip the switch and man the needle jumped over! Do the math we were still rolling on with a quickness... well quick for me. This new small block rolls on down the road real well.

LOL Got overhauled by an RCMP up in Nova Scotia one Sunday morning on the TransCan.....he was hiding behind an overpass abutment....when I saw him spinning his tires I just pulled over.....he says..."Do you know how fast you were going???"...."No" I says...he says "You were doing just north of 140!!" "I don't freeking think so!!" I blurted....the bride whispered "Kilometers...kilometers" I glanced down at the dual scales on the Saab speedo...."Ooohhh..." I says..." Hmmmm...He wasn't amused but after keeping us on the shoulder for a half hour with all the lights going and me wondering how I was going to get bailed from a 'Nadian jail he let us go.....and said "Slow down" "Yes sir" I said....."Thank you sir"......LOL!!!

I do......was taught by the best......my old Man......to Love and experience this Planet in it fullest!! Until yah do that you haven't lived!!
One of the most exillerating things was to be up in the Topmast.....the Crows Nest out Georges in a Gale!!! Absolutely Loved it!! With Nothing but the Ocean all around......the Waves, the Sky, and You!!!

He certainly went through some hellish storms in his time at sea, many hair raising trips he could tell about. One morning I didn`t want to leave the dock, wind screeching SE over 50 mph ,everything dark, scudding foam and debris filled the air. Dad wanted to go bad so I couldn`t chicken out, both glad and sorry I went. We got about 4 miles off and couldn`t turn around, waves running 25' with every 4th about 30' , we were taking on water and even he knew we had to go back , so we watched and waited a few, suddenly a big breaker slammed us on the starboard side. The smashing sounds of wooden ribs breaking told me we were in trouble. The wave had spun us side on the the gale so I hit the throttle and give er ,pulled er stern first into the gale and run the diesel up to 2,000. With the 1.5 "mechanical pump, the 1" electric pump, the 4" hand pump and me bailing with a 5 gallon bucket non stop could almost hold our own. Old North Star running fast as she ever went heading for shore. Big lop often dropped 25 -50 gallons in over the stern but for about 1.5 hrs we ran er right in to a sheltered sand bar, ran er right up on that. Was about highest tide we get so when the tide dropped the ole girl was pissin water out between the boards like one would see in a cartoon. Starboard side smashed in from the stempost back to near midships, how we made it still don`t know but we patched er up with canvas, black plastic cement and roofing nails and re floated er at next high tide,, steamed home and put er on the big cradle trailer, pulled it out and let her dry out. The repair began about a week later, but that`s another story.
No flotation devices, no inflatable rafts carried back then, ya either made it or ya didn`t...

They call them cougars here. Lol.
DNR denied sightings for quite a while. Game cameras, security cameras and other technology has proved them wrong.

Same story here Kevin, they denied Cougars existed here but us woodsman knew better, seen three with my own eyes. They denied we had Coywolves for about 15 years until hunters started shooting them and turning them in in numbers. I never chanced shooting a Cougar, only had a single shot 22 on me when I encountered them, both times in the winter.

He certainly went through some hellish storms in his time at sea, many hair raising trips he could tell about. One morning I didn`t want to leave the dock, wind screeching SE over 50 mph ,everything dark, scudding foam and debris filled the air. Dad wanted to go bad so I couldn`t chicken out, both glad and sorry I went. We got about 4 miles off and couldn`t turn around, waves running 25' with every 4th about 30' , we were taking on water and even he knew we had to go back , so we watched and waited a few, suddenly a big breaker slammed us on the starboard side. The smashing sounds of wooden ribs breaking told me we were in trouble. The wave had spun us side on the the gale so I hit the throttle and give er ,pulled er stern first into the gale and run the diesel up to 2,000. With the 1.5 "mechanical pump, the 1" electric pump, the 4" hand pump and me bailing with a 5 gallon bucket non stop could almost hold our own. Old North Star running fast as she ever went heading for shore. Big lop often dropped 25 -50 gallons in over the stern but for about 1.5 hrs we ran er right in to a sheltered sand bar, ran er right up on that. Was about highest tide we get so when the tide dropped the ole girl was pissin water out between the boards like one would see in a cartoon. Starboard side smashed in from the stempost back to near midships, how we made it still don`t know but we patched er up with canvas, black plastic cement and roofing nails and re floated er at next high tide,, steamed home and put er on the big cradle trailer, pulled it out and let her dry out. The repair began about a week later, but that`s another story.
No flotation devices, no inflatable rafts carried back then, ya either made it or ya didn`t...

Yep....all the males in my family, grandfather, great uncles, uncles and father all were fishermen born and bred....not a one of them could swim a stroke.......great uncle swore he had negative buoyancy.....said he could just walk around on the bottom until he ran out of air.... Only reason any of them had those old WWII gummint surplus cork life jackets aboard was the Coast Guard made 'em carry then on the vessel....stiff fine for violations....none were good at giving money away...

Some one from Away once asked the Ol' Man why he never learned to swim.....he looked at the fella and said "The idea is to acquire a proper boat and then stay in it" and he was serious.....

Lime applied....750 lbs worth....after dewatering.

Geotextile fabric. 12" stone then came the Portland. 600 lbs of it. More stone. Hole got solid after a week. Threw a couple of Stihl saws in the concrete we are pouring right now just on principle.
67999d41effc45495a8eb42539435f4c.jpg
38826c805ce657ec184b88f87c3ede9a.jpg
eee1a1e1933758f71f5ea9f3c2f9e838.jpg
535cc0498d0236485ab5fa453803ebc1.jpg
c00d045c946d9a414bfbf72fd372d0e7.jpg
f43a8915808c9452dc5bf3d96575b2bd.jpg
fe1b7161add19287fadd6bb459193bc3.jpg
9fdbe1208ac1b1174447153c7d561316.jpg

Few more..we aren't use to seeing this kind of corrosion around here. Was a VA DOT salt buggy. 2000 model. The 1995's we just sold looked better than this...
89a9c81457b884daa5fdb1f88aa786d0.jpg
42697cd78ed66bb0db2cb48a922943ff.jpg
72ee305a44ccc18f85d28fa141b52939.jpg

Latest posts

Back