Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too!
Howdy Jerry! How's the World been treating you? Been busy here this Spring.....weather permitting.

Been real busy myself, got a few ongoing projects at the camp, lots of work on finishing out houses, plenty of work gathering firewood,work, work , work....LOL

We made it to Galesburg, Illinois ......great trip......the Rogue took some getting used to but got a handle on it finally with the help of the bride reading the manual.....when you get right on it she'd rev right up, shift rev up shift, rev up shift.....felt like the tranny was slippin'....nope 7 speed....and now I've mastered the slap shifter she goes pretty good when needing to merge or evade semi's.......man... I-80 around Chi town really sucks...nevah woulda made it without my road plotter.....can't read the signs when surrounded by road tractor two deep on the sides and many as you can see fore and aft....all going 80 mph......you best be in the right feeking lane to exit.....road plotter invaluable tool!!!!!!

I use one in California, never needed one any where else so far, traffic 5 lanes wide all going like bats outa hell.

Yep the same on I 80/90 'cept way more big trucks than cars....just about every bit of production from all the cities of the industrial belt on both sides of the boarder are shipped to markets south and west on that road.....doesn't help we saw four big Peterbuilt/ Western Star type road tractors on big rig wreckers yesterday...all stove to ****.....one big 'un was so bent and twisted it could just barely be towed.......makes ya feel pretty vulnerable in a little four wheeler.......when you look out the winderz and all you see is spinnin' lug nutz in every direction........boy...and the new trucker fad is to have like 6" long lug nutz stickin' way out....like a Ben Hur rig!!!!

Right some slack in here again,,,

40c6ac9941eca94398f01dfe5159edda.jpg

Yep the same on I 80/90 'cept way more big trucks than cars....just about every bit of production from all the cities of the industrial belt on both sides of the boarder are shipped to markets south and west on that road.....doesn't help we saw four big Peterbuilt/ Western Star type road tractors on big rig wreckers yesterday...all stove to ****.....one big 'un was so bent and twisted it could just barely be towed.......makes ya feel pretty vulnerable in a little four wheeler.......when you look out the winderz and all you see is spinnin' lug nutz in every direction........boy...and the new trucker fad is to have like 6" long lug nutz stickin' way out....like a Ben Hur rig!!!!

I had an anxious moment 3 years back returning from LA heading North on the #5 just past the Bakersfield off ramps, seen a big rig leave the divided hwy coming toward me at high rate of speed, much dust n weeds being flung up, rig stayed upright and stayed straight down the divide. Very sandy area, tumbleweed n sage brush landscape, smooth level and firm bottom, no time to find out what happened as we were barreling toward San Fran, rig barreling toward LA, trajectory of the rig could have been an intercept for us but the driver straightened er and held on, rig stayed upright at least until it disappeared from my rearview in a cloud of dust. From the quickest of glances I had it appeared the left front tire blew out or broke down off the rim, only speculation though on my part, had only split second to access the situation.

I had an anxious moment 3 years back returning from LA heading North on the #5 just past the Bakersfield off ramps, seen a big rig leave the divided hwy coming toward me at high rate of speed, much dust n weeds being flung up, rig stayed upright and stayed straight down the divide. Very sandy area, tumbleweed n sage brush landscape, smooth level and firm bottom, no time to find out what happened as we were barreling toward San Fran, rig barreling toward LA, trajectory of the rig could have been an intercept for us but the driver straightened er and held on, rig stayed upright at least until it disappeared from my rearview in a cloud of dust. From the quickest of glances I had it appeared the left front tire blew out or broke down off the rim, only speculation though on my part, had only split second to access the situation.
Years ago was headed out to Williams College for the Junior Wright Cup. Tennis Competition between the 4 Major Areas of New England. We were traveling West on the Mass Pike near Brimfield when we came upon a site I'll never forget. There was a Jumble of 4-5 still burning Tractor Trailers in the Medium all twisted up. The contrast to the nice sunny Morning was startling! They must of collided in the early morning Fog which is prevalent in August on parts of the Mass Pike, especially in the Berkshires.

Years ago was headed out to Williams College for the Junior Wright Cup. Tennis Competition between the 4 Major Areas of New England. We were traveling West on the Mass Pike near Brimfield when we came upon a site I'll never forget. There was a Jumble of 4-5 still burning Tractor Trailers in the Medium all twisted up. The contrast to the nice sunny Morning was startling! They must of collided in the early morning Fog which is prevalent in August on parts of the Mass Pike, especially in the Berkshires.

I have seen the aftermath of a few big rig crashes but it sure strikes home when you see one barreling toward you in an out of control situation travelling 70 - 80 mph. Lucky for me and my passengers that driver kept the rig in the median without overturning.

Back