Systemic Insecticide For Elm?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PFE, it is very important to follow the written instructions on the product you're using. I would round up to 7oz & apply one full dose now. Don't over think & seconded guess this, you can be held liable.

Will the rain waste my dosage? Will it have enough time to absorb it without dry sunlight? It's already getting late but we have had a harsh spring.

You need to understand how insecticides work, it's part of being an Arborist. Imidacloprid in the soil strongly binds to organic matter. The rain will not wash it away, sun light breaks it down. This is why it is injected into the organic rich, feeder root dense area around the stump. Look up Neonicotinoids.

Also the manual says to apply the dosage in no less then 10 gallons of water says nothing about too much water, assuming they mean the entire 8oz? Should I put the 7oz into 10 gallons of water??

"Soil Drench: Uniformly apply the dosage in no less than 10 gallons of water per 1000 square feet as a drench around the base of the tree, directed to the root zone."

Noob to the forum so I will start off by saying Hello . I work in the chemical industry . Alias 2F and 4F is a generic imidacloprid that should be priced in that $65-75 @ gal range . Its a product that trans locates throughout the tree Like Merit and a few other brands . Dipel is another good product for this same situation .

Are you saying I overpaid @ $30/8oz?

I applied it from the trunk in rings to the drip line with about 12 gallons of water, the ground was already wet underneath and I watered it down with the hose the following afternoon.

Are you saying I overpaid @ $30/8oz?

I applied it from the trunk in rings to the drip line with about 12 gallons of water, the ground was already wet underneath and I watered it down with the hose the following afternoon.
Yes and no really . The price spread between Ag chem and T&O is huge. T&O obviously being alot higher and the Alias has what I would call more of a vegetable / ag chem, label but it is the same chemestry . The Alias is also 21.4% imidaclorprid with 2# of active , just as the Merit and Garant T&O . Heres a peek at the label

THE HIGHER THE ACTIVE %, THE MORE ATTRACTED TO ORGANIC MATTER, AND THE QUICKER PRODUCT "FALLS OUT OF WATER"!
I utilize the 75WSB(P) for protecting Ash trees because it's the cheapest. Go figure huh, the strongest stuff is cheaper. But fact is "Same end dose" is achieved whether using 2% tree & shrub II, 2=22%, 4=44% or 75%. The Trunk injected "Flowable's" utilize lower active %'s like 5% because "Stem injecting" avoids difficult "Uptake" path through roots. My injector is $2 Walgreens liquid dose hypo. And with the standard blue size wire crimp tube tapped into Phloem/Xylem with good pressure, the accepted transfer into tree's system successfully moves you onto next hole after capping with set length of wooden Ash rod. If Drench or Soil injecting (No deeper than 4" for Ash), allow two years for Imidacloprid to fully prime big trees by implementing "Preventive" treatment method. If already EAB damaged, must use "Tree-age" injections first since product uptakes in 72 hrs. W/99% kill rate! Beginning treatment on damaged tree w/Imidacloprid is losing battle since will never catch up with healing process after products "68%-95%" success rate causes expected yearly branch loss anyways. PARTS OF MI. WHO 1ST GOT EAB ARE NOW TODAY LOWERING DOSE'S OR TREATING EVERY OTHER YR. SINCE BORERS POP. CRASHED AFTER GLUTIONUSLLY KILLING OFF IT'S ONLY FOOD SOURCE! TREE KILLING EVENT MEANS EXTINCTION FOR UNTREATED NATIVE WILD GROWING ASH SPECIES SINCE SAPPLINGS SUCCUMB BEFORE REACHING SEEDING AGE.
Green Ash lifespan 300, & American White Ash 6OO yrs.!

Back