T540XP or Rebuild 200T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 355T will be fine for use around the yard, but when used commercially their build quality left a lot to be desired. They're good runners but everything around the motor is chincy IMO

I was in the Stihl dealer the other day. They told me Stihl is saying no warranty for homeowners buying a top handle pro saw and 90 days for a tree service. Anybody else hear this?

Its 90 days regardless if you're a pro or homeowner

I was in the Stihl dealer the other day. They told me Stihl is saying no warranty for homeowners buying a top handle pro saw and 90 days for a tree service. Anybody else hear this?
It is on their website https://www.stihlusa.com/information/warranty-service-info/limited-warranty/
*Marketed for professional use only.

Strangely looking at that link they seem to have the most confidence in their battery electric chainsaws. I do not think they currently configure one as a top handle.

IMO dont waste your $ on the 540. I sold 2 338 to buy a 540 when they came out. Also owned a 200 and others.

My dealer let me demo a 540 and IMO it was lack luster to me and not balanced for 1 handing. Wished I would have kept one of the 338's.
Running a echo now I bought for $50. ;)

Clearly you haven't understood what I was talking about. I will try to expalin it again. Very many Stihl 200 being sold on the "used" market, have needed repairs. Of course there is nothing against repairing a produkt before selling it. BUT the majoritiy of repairs is done with NON OEM parts. No one in his right mind would invest a few hundred $ for a piston, etc. when you can get the parts for a fraction of the cost from far east. But still everyone is selling their product for the price of a regular used saw.... That is my critisism of the practice.

Of course the Stihl 200/201 line belong to the best out there and are definately always to consider if you only want the best!

Sleeper. I have no idea what you pay for OEM parts in Austria but I can assure you we DON"T pay $100 for an OEM piston. its about $39. with rings and OEM Circlips as well. The bearings are the expensive part of a ReBuild...about $60 for the pair and one is an OEM only replacement.

there is no discernable difference between a properly rebuilt 200t and a OEM boxed OEM 200t....'cept for some scratches....
I have three rebuilds and one minty OEM 200ts and other then the looks there is no operating differences.

That was 3 months longer than the 200t lasted rotflmfao. My t334 is 3 years old been dropped 2 times and still runs. "just sayin":yes:

no matter what the condition there is always a market for 200ts...try and sell a husky top handle or an echo and let me know when you can get 1/2 of its purchase price in mint shape...

Sleeper. I have no idea what you pay for OEM parts in Austria but I can assure you we DON"T pay $100 for an OEM piston. its about $39. with rings and OEM Circlips as well. The bearings are the expensive part of a ReBuild...about $60 for the pair and one is an OEM only replacement.

there is no discernable difference between a properly rebuilt 200t and a OEM boxed OEM 200t....'cept for some scratches....
I have three rebuilds and one minty OEM 200ts and other then the looks there is no operating differences.
Of course a OEM rebuilt will always be as good as a new! My above comment was that around here you pay around 2/3 of the new saw price for a cylinder kit (=cylinder + piston, etc)! Hence every rebuilt 200 you can expect aftermarket pieces inside.

I finally had to fix my 372 need new intake boot and ignition switch. I'll maybe get around to the 200 but it ain't high on my priority list. I have it all in a 5 gallon bucket lol :cheers:

Ok buddy, I say stick a postage stamp er 10 on that bucket and send it out to Wolfie or me, both of which will set it straight and back to its honorable running shape.

Cmon now we both know that's a "husky" bucket and no Stihl should be in it. :D

Ok buddy, I say stick a postage stamp er 10 on that bucket and send it out to Wolfie or me, both of which will set it straight and back to its honorable running shape.

Cmon now we both know that's a "husky" bucket and no Stihl should be in it. :D
Lol I can fix it bro, just not priority until the 334 finally tanks.

Latest posts

Back