Talk about a processor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
a40772.jpg

a40790.jpg

It was made to go down rows of tree's at a nursery. The frt. u-blade would bury about 3 ft. at the first tree and continue down the row, while each tree would be rolled into the chute and pop out the rear undamaged. The dozer would then return to the first tree and come in from the other direction and run the row. When done all the trees were cut in perfect balls. (no tree spades in those days) It had the capability of cutting out a large tree and carrying it (notice the hook on the u-blade)

T-9 TREE DOZER pic - Yesterday's Tractor Co.

I built a couple of those elevated tree diggers

I used to own a wholesale tree nursery and built several of these elevated diggers, always, as in this picture on small International crawlers. Twice I had accidents, once setting one on it's side, the other tumbling down a just open sinkhole that, I later learned had been filled in years earlier. They were top heavy and easy to tip.

In both cases, I could get jump off them as they went over. The trick was to pull the throttle off, to stop the engine so it would not continue to run with the crankcase oil pool out of reach of the oil pickup.

One mod that we made were "shakers", vertically moving horizontal rods that shook the soil off the roots and laying the trees nicely on the ground.

Takes me back. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back