Talk to me about Echo chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no one mentioned a echo cs 500 vl its a fun saw and sounds great have a look
attachment.php
[/IMG]

Polkat you need any thing for that 500 ?

While we're on the Echo bandwagon tell me about the little CS-310 I bought on the clearance table @ HD.

They knocked 50 clams off, so it was 150 + tax, coz the green tag stated it was a slow mover.

Howevah, when I went back the next morning the salesman told me it was lightly used, yet came w/full warranty.

Echo sez different as in no way Jose.

No explanation nor answer on why the green tag wasn't marked used instead of slow mover as justification for the 25% off price.

I just thought it'd make a good brush saw & it appears to have barely been used I'm just not thrilled about no warranty.

I can keep it, take it back or raise a little Cain w/district manager demanding satisfaction @ dawn on the field of honor w/pistoletes...

herrerosPistoleteRueda.jpg

That is an issue with HD not Echo.

Correct, that's who I was refering to speaking w/concerning the district manager.

My main issue is that the green tag was marked incorrectly on purpose.

Probably someone that works at HD had a buddy buy the saw so they could cut a little and then brought it back w/o the warrant filled out.

The salesman told me it was used and was making claims, unto the full warranty, that he nor anyone @ HD was in position or authorized to make.

That's why it wasn't green tagged as used. They wanted someone to buy it, fill out the warranty card & keep their mouth shut.

I ain't that guy.

Just wondering if ya'll thought an almost new w/no warranty 310 was worth 150 + tax.

The plastic dogs are cheesy, but for small brush, small stumps flush w/ground...

Correct, that's who I was refering to speaking w/concerning the district manager.

My main issue is that the green tag was marked incorrectly on purpose.

Probably someone that works at HD had a buddy buy the saw so they could cut a little and then brought it back w/o the warrant filled out.

The salesman told me it was used and was making claims, unto the full warranty, that he nor anyone @ HD was in position or authorized to make.

That's why it wasn't green tagged as used. They wanted someone to buy it, fill out the warranty card & keep their mouth shut.

I ain't that guy.

Just wondering if ya'll thought an almost new w/no warranty 310 was worth 150 + tax.

The plastic dogs are cheesy, but for small brush, small stumps flush w/ground...

You aren't hurt at all!

You got a whole saw for less than half of what the P/C cost for my 084!!!
Given proper care that saw will last you WAY more than $150.00 worth.
In all actuality, if you clean up ONE limb blown out of one of your trees during a storm, you will be money ahead!

Mike

I've noticed lately on E-bay that there are an awful lot of Echo saws for sale. Most of the listings state that they are NIB (new in box). The majority are coming from the S.E. part of the U.S.A. especially Florida. Average sale prices are about $75-$100 dollars off list price.
Does anyone here know why there are so many Echos for sale? Is the Echo Co. dumping them at reduced prices? I personally am a little concerned about buying a saw off E-bay because I think it would be very difficult to get any warranty work done.

I've noticed lately on E-bay that there are an awful lot of Echo saws for sale. Most of the listings state that they are NIB (new in box). The majority are coming from the S.E. part of the U.S.A. especially Florida. Average sale prices are about $75-$100 dollars off list price.
Does anyone here know why there are so many Echos for sale? Is the Echo Co. dumping them at reduced prices? I personally am a little concerned about buying a saw off E-bay because I think it would be very difficult to get any warranty work done.

I purchased mine at a pawn shop and registered it online with echo. Warranty is good as long as it has not been registered yet.

I also have noticed many saws on the bay.

Average sale prices are about $75-$100 dollars off list price.
Does anyone here know why there are so many Echos for sale? Is the Echo Co. dumping them at reduced prices?

I have been watching ebay for Echo stuff for about 4 years and there has always been new in the box saws cheaper there. I thought years ago maybe someone hijacked a truckload but the models keep changing too. Craigslist is getting the same way. Everytime i look i have to weed out the new ones...Bob

I just found another new Echo near me from an ad on Craigs list. I called the guy and he said he has many new Echo tools NIB in his garage. He is selling them for about 25% off list price. I questioned him about how he aquired so many new Echo power tools. I don't really believe his answer but he stated that he buys them from Home Depot and resells them. I don't see how this could be profitable and kind of doubt his story. Buyer beware!!:chainsaw:

Only thing I can think of is because Home Depot doesnt do any service work. So if a customer buyes an Echo tool and then returns it, Home Depot cant sell it as new. Therefore they farm it out to the highest bidder and out the back door it goes.

I agree, it seems like there is an endless supply of the smaller Echo tools on EBay. If you can buy a new in box cs-400 via a buy it now on ebay for $200, many arent going to go buy it from a dealer for $299.

Or a NIB CS600p for just over $400, best buy out there , but I wonder where they come from also. Seems like if they were stolen why wouldn't there be a lot of other brands also. Why bother stealing a Echo when you can steal a Stihl. Steve

Or a NIB CS600p for just over $400, best buy out there , but I wonder where they come from also. Seems like if they were stolen why wouldn't there be a lot of other brands also. Why bother stealing a Echo when you can steal a Stihl. Steve

Because you can't steal a Stihl!!!

The reason for a LOT of the new Echos popping up for sale are people who call themselves "Boosters".

They are criminals that get a job at a Lowe's, or Home Depot, and they work the regular hours and every day or so they slip something out the back door and into their trunk.
They usually get the merchandise as it comes in off the trucks because it is harder to pinpoint where it went.
Did it disappear from the warehouse, during transport, or at the time of delivery?
Some of these Boosters specialize in a particular line, say for instance cordless tools. They are relatively small and easy to conceal.
That is what the one who was in prison where I used to work specialized in.
When the heat gets on them, they just quit and go to the next big box store and start all over again.
The one I knew said that he was clearing a couple hundred on his paycheck and a couple hundred from his stolen stuff a week.
He didn't get caught with the stolen stuff. He got caught driving drunk, and attempting to elude the police with a car full of drugs.

The reason that you don't see Stihl stuff is because they are smaller dealerships who stay more aware of their inventory!
It is hard to watch several hundred thousand dollars worth of stuff when it is constantly moving, and a hundred employees.

Mike

Because you can't steal a Stihl!!!

The reason for a LOT of the new Echos popping up for sale are people who call themselves "Boosters".

They are criminals that get a job at a Lowe's, or Home Depot, and they work the regular hours and every day or so they slip something out the back door and into their trunk.
They usually get the merchandise as it comes in off the trucks because it is harder to pinpoint where it went.
Did it disappear from the warehouse, during transport, or at the time of delivery?
Some of these Boosters specialize in a particular line, say for instance cordless tools. They are relatively small and easy to conceal.
That is what the one who was in prison where I used to work specialized in.
When the heat gets on them, they just quit and go to the next big box store and start all over again.
The one I knew said that he was clearing a couple hundred on his paycheck and a couple hundred from his stolen stuff a week.
He didn't get caught with the stolen stuff. He got caught driving drunk, and attempting to elude the police with a car full of drugs.

The reason that you don't see Stihl stuff is because they are smaller dealerships who stay more aware of their inventory!
It is hard to watch several hundred thousand dollars worth of stuff when it is constantly moving, and a hundred employees.

Mike

Might be some logic to that. Seems like some big box stores carry Husky saws which don't show much on Ebay, also I've never seen a CS600p in a big box store yet they're on there NIB. Sure would make sence with the CS400 and CS370 . Also I'm sure some Stihl shops get broke into and cleaned out . Steve

Might be some logic to that. Seems like some big box stores carry Husky saws which don't show much on Ebay, also I've never seen a CS600p in a big box store yet they're on there NIB. Sure would make sence with the CS400 and CS370 . Also I'm sure some Stihl shops get broke into and cleaned out . Steve

Warehousmen and truckers is another thing.
I used to do "lumper" work for a guy I went to school with who was an independent trucker.
You would be surprised how many times the forklift operators at warehouses would "offer you a deal" on a pallet full of product.
If they are putting 15 pallets of oil, tools, aftermarket rims or even chainsaws on a semi, who knows if they put 16 pallets on there.
I saw this trucker buddy slip a forklift operator 5 one hundred dollar bills one night at the Budd plant.
The forklift operator put an extra skid of aluminum (12) semi rims on the truck.
One mention of it over the C.B radio that night and before we got back to Ky. he had sold every one of those rims for $200.00 each.

$500.00 turned into $2400.00 in one night.

Mike

Are some of these people on the bay getting rid of a product line because you can buy them now at the depot? Efcos are being sold at Menards, retailing for what the distributor wants us to pay wholesale after shipping charges. This has been a source of friction. Warranty work so far has been reassembly, this time putting things like the air filter in, and putting the bar on correctly. The bar goes on between the plates, and you should take the plastic sleeves off the studs. Chain going in the right direction can happen to anybody, and adding bar oil is an owners option, I suppose. Seven or eight languages to choose from and people still won't read the instructions. I get the owners, nobody has time, but the assemblers? They get paid to read, if they can, maybe they're being rushed, IDK, should shut up and apply for a job, I suppose.

Me personally I don't like buying a product that you can't get service for directly. Not to say that all the pro shops are good, but I would rather go to a shop that at least has some knowledge of their products, can provide suggestions, and a parts and service dept. A box store that just sells the products and thats the end of it, if you need service you have to run around and hunt down someone that can handle your problem. I have friends that have older Echos and are very happy with them but when Echo started outsourcing their products and selling in the box store I don't want to deal with them. It seems a shame to put the small shops out of the sales end of it but expect them to fix a product you bought somewhere else. Just a home owners opinion.:monkey:

i found ot even if you buy 1 from the box stores they are the same saws as in the dealers,,just like the 1 i got yesterday from that guy it came from home depot and i don't care,,it is the same saw,,,i also agree that a lot of those saws are going out the back door in a trunk and being sold on ebay,,but the problem is how would you know if that is the case

Me personally I don't like buying a product that you can't get service for directly. Not to say that all the pro shops are good, but I would rather go to a shop that at least has some knowledge of their products, can provide suggestions, and a parts and service dept. A box store that just sells the products and thats the end of it, if you need service you have to run around and hunt down someone that can handle your problem. I have friends that have older Echos and are very happy with them but when Echo started outsourcing their products and selling in the box store I don't want to deal with them. It seems a shame to put the small shops out of the sales end of it but expect them to fix a product you bought somewhere else. Just a home owners opinion.:monkey:

:agree2::agree2: but my echo dealer is NOT very familiar with the saws like specs and all of that,, i really dont care about the 5 year warrenty because they ALWAYS find a way to not warrenty a problem,, i have not to this day fund a place to see what is warrentyed or not,, every new 1 i get anyway the warrenty is void within the 1st 30 minutes after i get it home,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::chainsawguy:

Latest posts

Back