Teaching a teen splitting with a maul

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I've never used tires to split. Sorry I don't have any video of it but I've been splitting on concrete since I was 11. Sometimes I'd rather split with the mail or ax than use the splitter. Yes I have hit concrete but it's pretty rare. Usually happens when I go too long and get tired. Know when to say when applies to splitting and cutting wood as much as drinking.

The thing is, if you think you might drive your edge into the dirt, you will hold back. When you know the edge of your splitting tool won't get ruined you just can hit faster and harder.
The boy was back just after sundown wielding one of my double bit axes and starting to get the hang of the flip. I may have to cut some more to give him something to do.
I'm sure he won't be finding a good ax head soon so it may be a while before we have to hang him one of his own.

I recently picked up a Binford 2020 electric splitting maul. Works great and here is a pic for you guys.

MVC-017F_10.JPG

Put it to the test yesterday and got all this split. Hauling a generator out in the woods is a pain but the ease of how it works makes it all worth while. Seems to do okay but I can't seem to keep enough rounds around to split! ;)

shed2.JPG

I recently picked up a Binford 2020 electric splitting maul. Works great and here is a pic for you guys.

Put it to the test yesterday and got all this split. Hauling a generator out in the woods is a pain but the ease of how it works makes it all worth while. Seems to do okay but I can't seem to keep enough rounds around to split! ;)

Binford! Mo Powah! Ohh Ohh Ohhh

Good one Tim. Do you have any video of Heidi swinging that maul? Maybe no, I would get dizzy just watching.

Latest posts

Back