tellus ehp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in the 6 cu class i would have to use a 2100. they seem to make good power with no problems and they have a good skirt on the piston to start with

ehp, I try to tell people if they can't file or can only file one side good, they should use a grinder. The important part with the grinder is to get it to grind the angles you need. You have to adapt the grinder or a race chain will not cut fast enough! Just my opinion! The grinder for set up is a lot fast also. Dennis

Yes you are right
I found the grinder to be ok but the way they send it fron the factory will not grind a race chain very good just donot tell Melvin that , i know what has been done to his and that is not enough for me. I am not going to say that i can hand file even close to you 2 guys but i can hand file pretty good but i like how a can watch my corner so close on the grinder and i am not much faster on the grinder , i guess i take to much time watching how things are going,

ehp, Tom and I both run 2100's for 6cu saws. He's got 2 of the best out this way, and Melvin's won with one of Tom's back east also. Mine's a hair off of Tom's, so I need to rework a few things and catch up. We run them with a muffler, stock appearing, alkie, or fuel, 11 tooth sprockets. Tom won the first Orovlle show, and I won the 2nd show using one of his saws. We did a bore, up and down cut. Can't remember the size of wood, but I think it was 21" or 22'' white fir. My time was high 5's or low 6's can't remember for sure. Tom out bored me by a 10th or 2, but pull it down on the down cut. We watched the films and it would have been real close who would have won, but he helped me win. Sometimes you beat yourself just trying to hard, we've all done it. The hot Pouland around here got beat by over 2 seconds, so they got to see how fast we really can be if things go right. Dennis

How's 084 is Melvin using now
he said it came from out there. kirt has a 084 to from out there
but i here helshel is making him a 3120 stroker, i guess i better have a carb and pipe ready soon

If i made a piston for the 066 i think it would work also quite well
but out here there is only a couple of shows that use 6 cu so i have not spent much time on them

ehp, Tom built Kirk an 084 I think, and who knows what stuff Melvin's running. Tom could tell you more than me. Melvin uses what ever he's got from somebody else, most of the time.

ehp, I built it, but Eddie Sanders Racing designed it. He builds honda motors for mini sprints. That pipe dyno'ed 6 more horsepower than his smaller design. Being that big gets you closer to the wood. Sorta that better watch theory. Carl's saw should start one pull everytime, but some people don't know there equipment like they should! He doesn't start it properly either. But it is a good motor and user friendly.

it cut very good Dennis and i am sure it works well but like i said i think he was just doing so much that he was not ready plus he could of pulled alittle harder, i think he was lifting the saw when he was starting it a big no no

ehp, Dan told me they really weren't very prepared, and didn't do very well either. Then the saws got lost on the way back. They finally got all the saws back, but it took months, and some bad blood became of it. I don't think they had a lot of fun. It wasn't anybody's fault but there own!

This year it is in B.C.
so i donot hold much hope on any hotsaws class
I know they donot have much and were asking alot of questions
but until someone out there gets a fast saw from anyone it will not change
Dan and cecil plus someone else is going down under shortly
to chop that hardwood they got.

You should be up there in B.C. selling those guys some saws
i know it is canadian money but most banks will take it.
It scares me to send a nitro saw to them when they have no idea on what it takes to run one plus you are alot closer than me

I think carl's young lad beat Moyal bacause Moyal cut out.
And if Moral had not cut out the east would of won but you have to know Moyal , he goes for broke evertime , all he wants are records

Now Dan thought they were kind of going to kick but he has never been around any saws but Carl and Brad L. knew different because they were at Webster 2 years ago
The saw dan was running blew up real good. I donot know what booster he used but i am sure he had way to much of it in his tank

ehp, there money's good when you get enough of it. Carl's pockets are a little tall. He talked to me last year and I suggested he get someone to build him a 3120. Until I go broke, I'm building first, selling 2nd. I don't want the bull????. I will keep doing it this way for now. Dan's going down under again to chop at Sydney. It's nice down there this time of year. I went to Australia for Christmas last year, then Tasmania, and then N.Z. the middle of Jan. Stayed til Feb.10 Had the trip of a life time. Met many nice people and saw lots of both countries. Went to a bunch of wood chops and never saw one saw contest. They are into wood chopping!

Hello Dennis
I am new at this but have heard that a nitrosaws have air problems on anything west of the Rockies or do you guys run a fatty veturi.Seth

Originally posted by nelsonfrye
Hello Dennis
I am new at this but have heard that a nitrosaws have air problems on anything west of the Rockies or do you guys run a fatty veturi.Seth

I run a venturi thats slightly over weight, but not a fatty

:D :D :D

Sea level is sea level , the east coast is just as hard to run on, once you are that the ocean , you just have to think about your warm up because it will be different

Nelson, No, this is not true. Altitude and humidity effect your air, but its the same everywhere. If your carb is drilled properly, to run fuel, then you just have to adjust your carbs air fuel mixture.
Hey nice rooster tail picture, you should have posted it in show us your rooster tails thread. Are you racing, and if so, where and with what saws?

the closer to the ocean the air is better and you will need more fuel or if you are already on the edge use less nitro by a couple %
the waywe set up nitro saws here is we set the carb to full max , all the fuel it can flow for the amount of time we are running,
most saws will run out of fuel in 6 to 7 seconds then the saw will have burned all the fuel that the carb can deliver. There is a limit to how much a carb can pump, now we use 3/16 fuel hose and everything is done to pump as much as we can . The more fuel i can get into the motor the more power i can make until the crank says see ya.Now these motors donot run hot like on gas , i can do a run and put my hand on the motor with not much heat .
So when you start up a stroker , it will be loaded up bad from when you flushed it, and because you are over fueling the motor,
so when you have your time to warm up your motors you will cut 1 or 2, 12 inch cookies off a block to clear your motor and try to get some heat into the motor to burn all that fuel.It is like when a funny car does his burn out , yes he heats up his tires but he is also putting heat into his motor.I have timed saws alot and if i jet a saw like most people would we will say it ran a 5 second cut , my way will cut 4.4 to 4.5 just because you are burning more fuel and have more torque

Ya i guess Cecil is quite happy about going down to austla.
Him and Dan and someone else are going to be a team in country's against country's May god have pitty on there soul's
Soon how i just donot see them taking on Jason , Deon , Bolstad and others now i know Cecil is going to learn as much as he can and he can out chop me so bad that on 12 inch round by the time i am done he has got back to the truck drank a 12 pack of beer and ate 6 hamburgers i suck that much, chopping is like working and i already do enough of that

Back