tellus ehp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ehp, the back handle is off center line. That seems to me what the problem is about getting straight upon the wood. I build my saws back handles centered to the crank. Plus, the top and the back handle are way to far apart. The bigger guys don't seem to have a problem with this, but the smaller guys lose a lot of leverage making up cuts. I use a 42mm Keihun pumper carb. I know these carbs real well, so jetting is easy for me. My alkie carb is a 38mm Keihun flat slide bored out to 41mm, but you have to run a pump with it. D&D has a good slide carb set up too. Bolstadt has one on his now. He says it works real good!

I am using a 38 mm flat slide on the LT250R motor with a pump, i like the idea that with a pump on alcohol . It will give me some control over no pump .Yes these type of carbs are easier to jet than the butterfly type of carbs. I feel there is more wrong with the rotax than just the handles but no one had made 10 or 15 of a different design that works to make them not the saw to have

ehp, your right Ed, Russ as done a good job of mass producing a very good race saw. But this saw could be much better if someone was to put some good effort into changing a few things. The sprockets are weak, and the back handle eventually breaks. All the pipes are different and so are the bars. A lot of changes to make, for the price of the saw. All these things cost big money and adding a lot to the original cost. But to stay competitive, this is what the Timbersport guys have to do. Then Matt comes in with a new fast saw, and D&D doesn't want to build a production saw. So Russ will keep making them. I think he's getting close to 100 now!

ya i donot know how many he has made , but there is alot of them. You can hear a difference in them because the pipes are so different . In the gears what are you breaking , the insert in the middle , we broke one because it only had been drilled for 6 screws to hold it together so when we got the new insert we drill it for 12 screws no more trouble

I'm no chain saw racer but that style cutting looked like fun.
looked like it took just as much operator as it did saw.
way to cool thanks for sharing Tommy

well u boys sureknows a lot about racing ..makes interestin reading.. plus i got me a good idea for a decorative wood heater for my living room...from the pipes.. i aint kidding.. course it would have to be fenced in,as theres sometimes,, 20 grandkids ,here on sundays..
hey yall wanta see some pictures.:)

I file the way you are to file square
backwards to round file , it is alot easier to see the corner that way

Hi Ed, I know I was supposed to be working on the skidder today, but I decided to play hooky instead and go to the Fair.
Look, I still have it, rang three times and won a big Tweety Pie.
John

Not quite sure where you were at that fair but i this it was not here, no where near here. no snow on the ground, plus leaves on the trees, remember gypo i am not as dumb as i look so you are now grounded

Originally posted by ehp
I file the way you are to file square
backwards to round file , it is alot easier to see the corner that way

Thanks Ed;

Not too much talk lately on square filing. Everyone seems too be bragging about their grinders.

Frank

you should be able to figure square filing out, it is not that hard
and if you are cutting in the bush you will not go back to round filed chain.just get yourself some files and go at her , once you learn what to do you will like it . it onlys takes a couple trys and you will start to get the handle on it

Not being able to square file freehand worth a darn, I believe you think 45 and 45 degrees. Ed tipped me off about a year ago and said, " put the file in the handle at 45 degrees, this elimates guessing at least one angle".
John

i know alot of guys use a grinder for work chains which is fine but i learned to hand file for the bush and it took me no time and i was doing great.

i use a grinder for my racing chains but filed by hand for the bush
if you can get some square chain there just look at the way it is filed and keep it the same when you file it

ehp, hopefully this doesn't confuse some but I do just the opposite. Grind for work and hand file for competion. Just goes to show ya, thats way we race! Happy New Year, Dennis

I know i am backwards but that is just me
spent 6 hours on the grinder today and my eyes are shot
i think i saw big bird about 10 minutes ago.Most people that are good filers will tell you that a hand filed chain will be faster than a machine filed one, Marcel was one of those guys and i am sure you guys feel the sameway as him but with a little changing and some weird thinking on how a grinder should be built i will be close or not to far behind but then i could be talking out my ??? sitting here talking to big bird and all

well the new and improved rotax's chain is almost done
only another hour or so
we will see if we have to start the ???? thing for the cookies to fall off
hope not i never liked running a rotax any how

Latest posts

Back