Tennessee GTG 6/19

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good date. A little far off right now, but it looks good. Are members from MO invited?:monkey:

Well I do have one, but dont know how to play it. :)

That was my understanding

So maybe GPT, Tri, and Fatguy? That would be diverse. I think maybe 67 Mustang could be talked into coming.

Nik, are you bringing the cheese?

If Nik is in, I am too, the missus is from Knoxville and this is our usual vacation spot anyway. looks like a good time for me to go down as any :)

Actually this is perfect, my mother in law lives in Kingston just off of hwy 70

Last edited:
If Nik is in, I am too, the missus is from Knoxville and this is our usual vacation spot anyway. looks like a good time for me to go down as any :)

Actually this is perfect, my mother in law lives in Kingston just off of hwy 70

I hope your not as rough on the cheese as your brother!! It would be great if you and Nik came!! I'll have to see if I can dig up that hockey stick for Nik...

:cheers:
Mike

so, with as many folks that seem to want to come to a tn gtg should i arrange concessioons. i am talking like chips drinks maybe hotdogs,nachos,simple stuff. the boys and girls club is always looking for a way to make extra cash for supplies and uniforms for sports.as far as the wood goes i will have plenty. may even have some squared up 12x12 for timed cuts.

so, with as many folks that seem to want to come to a tn gtg should i arrange concessioons. i am talking like chips drinks maybe hotdogs,nachos,simple stuff. the boys and girls club is always looking for a way to make extra cash for supplies and uniforms for sports.as far as the wood goes i will have plenty. may even have some squared up 12x12 for timed cuts.

Hell yes on the timed cuts. Thats what im talking about.:cheers:

I'm sorry is the meeting place settled and can this many folks be accommodated by our host; if not we can still change the venue? I would hate to impose myself:cheers:

if it seems that there will be too many people for my place to hold them all then we can move the site to the fairground. that will hold any amount of folks that want to come and if it rains we can use the hiorse show barn. my uncles girlfriend is on the fair board and i judge the horse shows for them. it wont be any problem to have it there if needed. so, dont worry about there not being enough room.

I'll be showing up on this. I'll only be bringing 2 saws with me though. I might need to borrow some bar oil too. Space will be a bit tight.:cheers:

JDsandLorasYellowstonetripandIro-5.jpg

if it seems that there will be too many people for my place to hold them all then we can move the site to the fairground. that will hold any amount of folks that want to come and if it rains we can use the hiorse show barn. my uncles girlfriend is on the fair board and i judge the horse shows for them. it wont be any problem to have it there if needed. so, dont worry about there not being enough room.

It's looking like the fairgrounds might not be a bad idea, if flyers were put up locally that would also draw even more of a crowd...just thinking out loud here...I'm glad you have some organizing skills...thanks for all your willing to do to make this happen...I sure am looking forward to it.

Place doesnt matter to me. Im not big on timed cuts, but Ill watch and anybodys welcome to my saws.
I hope you have some equipment or big muscles to move logs, I couldnt unload my cants the other day, and they were 6x6 and 8x8

JD, will that thing pull a gooseneck :)

And what exactly did Nik do to the cheese?

I cant speak for everbody, but if theyre concessions, ill spend my money for the boys and girls clubs.:)

i log for a living so moving wood around is no problem, i can bring skid loader or tractor for what were doing.no need for the big toys. ill bring wood on my log truck and leave most of it on the truck until needed. never fear ill have it coverd. when things get closer to gtg time i will take a roll call of who might be coming so i can make sure im prepaired. i will try to make it a good event and im sure some of the local guys on as around here will be pitching in to help me out with it.

JD, will that thing pull a gooseneck :)

Not a goose-neck. I will be pulling my little bumper pull trailer. I'll be loading it up full.
I am thinking that the daughter and I might do an Ironbutt ride on the way down. 1000 miles in less than 24 hours.
Looks like 1044 miles from here to Sevierville Tn.

better your butt than mine, id have to go back to work and find mine just to sit down...i think i worked it plum off today:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back