Thall...secret Husky doc?!?!?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oldsaw

oldsaw

"Been There, Milled That"
Aww shucks, well thanks. Ya know tuning a Husky isn't a big deal to me, shoot I'll try to help with any brand, makes no nevermind to me, I like all saws. I am partial to Stihl I admit, I make no bones about it but even so I try to help with the others too. Teasing and carrying on about brands on here is one thing but in person everyone is welcome no matter the brand.

THall, I can't rep you, but I can give you a public "pat on the back". You're a good man.

I can't get too involved with the brand wars since I'm on both sides of the fence. Don't own a Dolmar, but wouldn't "not" own one either. I'm left dumping on WildThings and other "homeowner" dreck.

Come May, I'm looking for a project saw to fill my 75cc "hole" in my lineup. I'm so equal opportunity, if I can't find an 046 or a 371/372, I'm going the Makita 6401 to 7900 conversion. So there! I just like saws...good ones. Deep down, I know you do too.

Again, :cheers: Tom, you are one of the really great guys on this forum. Like I said, I just wished you lived closer. Both you and Lake are 1/2 a country away, and it kind of sucks. Maybe cloning isn't such a bad idea....hmmm

Mark

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
I can't even justify stocking an 880 with one sale every 2-3 years.

Well I almost agree with ya which is why we only stock one , not two, only one. Just before Christmas day last year I had two women call me looking for 880's for their hubbys as gifts. We didn't carry them and they couldn't wait till I got them in, it was only a couple of days before Christams when they called. They got them somewhere else I guess and we lost out when we could have sold at least one if we had it. After that we decided to carry one and only one at a time. Two have left the building since the beginning of the year and I had a man call me Friday about the one we have on the shelf now. I know the guy well. Will take alittle salesmanship but I know as well as I'm sitting here that man wants that saw and I'll see to it he gets it. As for my buddy Hoss, he'd like to have one, he loves big saws. Hopefully I can find a few tree jobs he and I can do together and make that play money so he can get him a 880.
The 880, like the 3120 Husky, is a novelty saw to many, they have to have to have a saw bigger than their buddy or least as big, penis envy ya might say,LOL I sold a 088 one time that had a 59 inch bar on it. The ole boy that bought it I have known for 25 years, heck maybe longer. I said to him what in the hell are you going to do with that thing. He replied I got to have the biggest saw in the county, thats all there is to it. He bought it, put a 30 inch bar on it and uses that thing all the time in his land clearing business. He loves that 088. He gave me that 59 inch bar as a display and its up on the wall in the shop today, right over top of the 880 sitting on the shelf.

I see your point too, not gonna sell many for sure but it does draw quite abit of attention for the other saws you'll sell. Sold a 361 Friday and while setting it up for the buyer he looked up and seen that 880. He goes wow, didn't know Stihl made a saw that big. I said oh yes but you'll be much happier with this 361 than that big saw. He was all smiles.

Woodie

Woodie

"Cap'n Bullcrap'n"
THall will have him out in tha back, ahh hemmm... In the out house beggin for mercy,,,,,, ouuuuhhh,,, I can hear it now oh yeah,,,,, he Will have his way with them,,,,,, have em eatin out of his hand,,, fattenin him up for the kill,, then BAM.!!!!! Another MS 361 sold!!!!!!!!!! and besides,,, Them yuppies,,,, They got some deep pockets!!!!!! :cheers: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2:

Oh...you're talking about YUPPIES!!

Hell until "BAM" above...I thought you was talkin' about DAVEY!!

dustytools

dustytools

Addicted to ArboristSite
THall, I can't rep you, but I can give you a public "pat on the back". You're a good man.

I can't get too involved with the brand wars since I'm on both sides of the fence. Don't own a Dolmar, but wouldn't "not" own one either. I'm left dumping on WildThings and other "homeowner" dreck.

Come May, I'm looking for a project saw to fill my 75cc "hole" in my lineup. I'm so equal opportunity, if I can't find an 046 or a 371/372, I'm going the Makita 6401 to 7900 conversion. So there! I just like saws...good ones. Deep down, I know you do too.

Again, :cheers: Tom, you are one of the really great guys on this forum. Like I said, I just wished you lived closer. Both you and Lake are 1/2 a country away, and it kind of sucks. Maybe cloning isn't such a bad idea....hmmm

Mark

I got him for you Oldsaw.

RiverRat2

RiverRat2

Serio Tree Freak
Now Newbie?????

You dont really think I was ahh errrr ....ahhhemmmm infering that Innocent lil ole THall would really uummm well you know,,,,Lets just say have his way with DaAAAAAAAveHHHHHHHYYYY,,,,,WOULD he????? :censored: :censored: :taped:

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ

Could be you Woody, come on admit it, you know you want me, come on, admit it. Ya have to buy a saw though,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
You dont really think I was ahh errrr ....ahhhemmmm infering that Innocent lil ole THall would really uummm well you know,,,,Lets just say have his way with DaAAAAAAAveHHHHHHHYYYY,,,,,WOULD he????? :censored: :censored: :taped:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh River, I'm baitng Woody,LOLOL

Latest posts