Husky 346xp NE Oiler Hose

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earlthegoat2

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Im not a newbie to parts ordering or chainsaws in general but I cannot for the life of me wrap my head around this 346 I bought a few weeks back. I was having trouble looking up the PNs for the oil hoses.....or hose....I don't really know anymore honestly. I even went so far as to post in the beg for manuals thread to make absolutely sure I was looking at the right variant.

So I ordered what was in that manual which was the one I thought it was supposed to be all along. It was a two piece design, which made sense because the one that was in it when I bought it was a one piece and leaked horribly so I figured it was the wrong one.

I get the two piece and find that it too is the wrong one. The piece that goes into the oil tank looks to be fine but the hose going up to the bar plate is obviously wrong. The original one fit in this area fine however. It just leaked freely from where it engages the pump. So it appears that the one piece design is the part I need after all........or something.

Anyway, Im one of those guys who is pretty proud and tries to figure things out for myself. Like so many Huskys before this, I am just having bad luck with it. I know it is a good saw but it will not cooperate with me. They just don't like me. So here is my Serial Number plate. Would someone like to try and educate me on what part I am looking for.

Here are the differences. It looks like the 2 piece design will fit this Husky 450 I have laying around here but not this 346. Im tempted to use the new half that goes into the oil reservoir and then cut the old one piece in half and sandwich that onto the other side of the oil pump and then put a shim there to physically force it into the oiler to make a better seal........or just get the right part.

Here is how it cam originally. Everything fits fine up top.

Here is how the new piece fits.

Here is the old one on bottom and the new ones on the top.

Here are the part numbers I ordered.

537101102-pickup tube. The manual specified 537101101 but I could not find that part number anywhere so I figured it was superseded. Either way, this is not the part I'm directly having problems with.

537413201- output tube. This is the part that doesn't fit in the housing.

The manual I used was IPL, 346xp, 2011-01

Was this just an anomaly in the Husky IPLs?

Back