Thanks Hurricane Sandy - Need suggestion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
I'll base the differences between the US models off the HP numbers on the husky USA website, not the numbers that you are pulling out of a hat. That difference is .4 HP.

There is no way 3.1 kW can be 4.3 hp, even in hp(m), so there obviously is a misprint (or mistake) there (nothing new with that).

The US number on the 562xp is hp(i) - it is 4.8 in hp(m).

Trailtrimmer

Trailtrimmer

ArboristSite Operative
VTWoodchuck

VTWoodchuck

ArboristSite Operative
I have been blown away with the responses that I have received. I will say that I typically go find forums for when I dive into something new, and by FAR; this has been the most helpful group of people. And I'm surprised too, I thought there would be a lot more brand arguements (like when I bought a Canon vs a Nikon for my wife).

I will be coming back for advice incase I run into some sticky situations after I make my purchase for sure.

I totaly agree. I've been on truck, atv, skiing, and military forums. This is the most helpful and friendly group I've ever seen. What is it about chainsaws? They're addictive as hell!

lukkyseven

lukkyseven

ArboristSite Lurker
I'll base the differences between the US models off the HP numbers on the husky USA website, not the numbers that you are pulling out of a hat. That difference is .4 HP.

To the original poster, my apologies for the derailment. Now go buy yer saw :)

No worry at all! Even in derailment I learn something. Something useless to me, but still something!

Hopefully I get this saw today. I got some help coming tomorrow to clean up the yard, so it would be nice to show off a new toy.

tallguys

tallguys

Addicted to ArboristSite
The point that SawTroll is making I believe, is that conversion calculations are subject to errors.

Which is why I like to see the kW output for saws and do my own calculation. For hp(international) its kW x 1.341022.

Even using the 1.36 conversion for metric, the US site is off a bit.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
You sure about that 4.8?

It's one thing to argue about opinions, but numbers published for all to see are hard to dance around.

HUSQVARNA 562 XP® - Professional chainsaws

Misprints and mistakes happen more or less "all the time" on that web-site.
- that's a well known fact, and it is a mystery that they haven't sacked the webmaster a long time ago. :msp_wink:

The correct Husky specs for the 560xp/562xp are 3.5 kW = 4.7 hp(i) = 4.8 hp(m).

The correct husky specs for the 555 are 3.1 kW = 4.2 hp(i) = 4.2 hp(m).

:sucks:

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
The point that SawTroll is making I believe, is that conversion calculations are subject to errors.

Which is why I like to see the kW output for saws and do my own calculation. For hp(international) its kW x 1.341022.

Even using the 1.36 conversion for metric, the US site is off a bit.

:agree2: , but some tend to believe anything that they read on the Internet website, or in a catalog....:msp_rolleyes:

I prefere to dig a bit further, to at least rule out simple mistake or misprints.......:msp_wink:

Also, calculating further on already rounded off numbers are "risky".

Slamm

Slamm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Is this argument really taking place????

Its like a dream argument for vitual chainsaw operators, LOL.

LOL, throw in some sideways balance calculations and this would be tops.

Sam

lukkyseven

lukkyseven

ArboristSite Lurker
Bought the Husky yesterday and did some cutting today! Cuts like a champ, absolutely loved it! Buddy of mine brought his 290 over so I got to play with another saw and I definitely prefer mine! I don't think it's a fair comparison, but happy all the same!

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Bought the Husky yesterday and did some cutting today! Cuts like a champ, absolutely loved it! Buddy of mine brought his 290 over so I got to play with another saw and I definitely prefer mine! I don't think it's a fair comparison, but happy all the same!

It isn't a fair comparison - a crappy "consumer class" Stihl, vs. a state of the art pro Husky! :msp_biggrin:

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Is this argument really taking place????

Its like a dream argument for vitual chainsaw operators, LOL.

LOL, throw in some sideways balance calculations and this would be tops.

Sam

It just had to, because someone beleived that the rather messy US website had better info than I do....:msp_biggrin::msp_laugh:

The good thing about that website is that it has a lot of relevant info under the "Support" heading, the bad one is that the "info" on current models usually is a mess! :msp_rolleyes:

Latest posts