The 390 is a worthless turd!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far I am dissapointed that none of you are into Blackberry pie still hot out of the oven and a nice big scoop of vanilla to cool it off. Quite possibly the best thing god ever created

Quite possibly the best thing god ever created

No...that would be beer.

So far I am dissapointed that none of you are into Blackberry pie still hot out of the oven and a nice big scoop of vanilla to cool it off.

Kind of comes back to my original point...here you need a helper--vanilla ice cream. Granted it's a fine dessert...one I've enjoyed many times. But you've got absolutely no portability there, and it's not self-contained at all.

Whereas a cookie...it's a rugged, go-anywhere kind of dessert.

It's like an SUD--a sport-utility dessert.

Originally Posted by brages
However, the rant is missing one key ingredient: What other saw available for the same price as the 390 is more capable?

Makita 6401---64 cc 4.7HP

Dolmar 6400---64 cc 4.8 HP

AOD,

Sorry man. I didn't even know the MS 361 could cure cancer when I bought my ms 390. Too bad, because my buddy died of melanoma on Dec. 19th. I do like the saw, but have since figured out my error in judgement. I have been trying to sell it and get a ms 460 as I have a ms 260 now and figure the 361 would be too close in comparison. Why didn't I find this site and all of its wisdom before I bought that turd? A day late, story of my life.

:deadhorse:

They just want change the subject to one more taste full than a rant on those new Stihl's THall has worked on so much that for him, their dissassembly & reassembly has been reduced to something that looks like a series of nervous jerks & twitches (What would THAT look like?).

From hours to minutes..thats efficiency. So..do you pass the cost saving on to the customer? Or do they get the same "rebuild" price reguardless of time?

Seems to me your itching for some well needed knowledge you apparently don't have so let me help you. First the failure rate on the 290/310/390 series is no higher than the pro series when you consider how many are in use, that you overlook. Secondly yes people will have them overhauled, something the "loss leader" Poulan customers will not do, they will throw those away. Thirdly the 290/310/390 are not the loss leaders in the Stihl lineup. They are marked up % wise within 5% of the pro models. See you should ask before you assume. Thirdly and most importantly yes I can rip one apart and put it back together in about a hour and of course I pass that fast repair time onto the customers if they act decent. If they act like a boneheads they get charged by the time table book provided by Stihl which is very generous for me, good aren't I,LOL

Blahh Blahh ..."Thirdly the 290/310/390 are not the loss leaders in the Stihl lineup"....Blahh "Thirdly and most importantly yes I can rip one apart and put it back together in about a hour and of course I pass that fast repair time onto the customers if they act decent."

I have a hard time taking anyone seriously when they spout facts and figures after loosing count after three...:laugh:

(I don't doubt your skills and knowledege..or the viability on the 390 ... its just your .... predictable! I have to go to work in 5 hours so over and out for now, lighten up and don't take everything so seriously all the time!)

Last edited:
I have a hard time taking anyone seriously when they spout facts and figures after looseing count after three...:laugh:

(I don't doubt your skills and knowledege..or the viability on the 390...its just your .... predictable!)

I don't doult your coming in to pile on either, very predictable as well, you seem to enjoy it and I enjoy putting you in your place. See the differance between you and me is I know what I'm talking about, you don't. Did I answer your question on what a loss leader is good enough for you,LOL If you don't know the numbers you should ask instead of assume. As for what you believe I don't see a 390 in your sig. If you don't own one whats your real interest in this thread, can't wait to hear the answer, lay it on me...

I don't doult your coming in to pile on either, very predictable as well, you seem to enjoy it and I enjoy putting you in your place. See the differance between you and me is I know what I'm talking about, you don't. Did I answer your question on what a loss leader is good enough for you,LOL If you don't know the numbers you should ask instead of assume. As for what you believe I don't see a 390 in your sig. If you don't own one whats your real interest in this thread, can't wait to hear the answer, lay it on me...

To see how much your willing to invest in a dead thread. Difference between you and me? Your invested in this BS, I'm not.

My bet? You get the same price requardless.

You think this is a place where you can win and loose? Maybe I have more to teach you that I thought.

In the real world? Out side of Cyberspace? I wonder where your kids are going to end up in life..thats whats real for me and thats the measure of success not some goofy thread trying to make points in cyber space.

SO...as of now all I see is a person who lives here in cyber space vs. having a life.

Like I said. Lighten up and enjoy life. No one cares about the opinions posted here about the 390.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by brages
However, the rant is missing one key ingredient: What other saw available for the same price as the 390 is more capable?

Makita 6401---64 cc 4.7HP

Dolmar 6400---64 cc 4.8 HP

amick's lists the 6400 at $570. that's $100 bucks more than a 390, and where are you going to get it worked on????
(bf you get bent out of shape, i own a Dolmar).

See how much your willing to invest in a dead thread.:laugh:

Haha, man you stay 100% wrong all the time it seems. I could care less about the thread or the saw. My investment in this is having fun with you. Your quite easy I must admit, maybe I should let you play with the rest in the sandbox, would you like that,LOLOLOL

137 post's and not one of you guys has even mentioned a damn thing about cobbler. :dizzy: :buttkick:

Is there anything any better than a good still warm from a cast iron dutch oven Peach, Apple, or Black Raspberry cobbler????

137 post's and not one of you guys has even mentioned a damn thing about cobbler. :dizzy: :buttkick:

Is there anything any better than a good still warm from a cast iron dutch oven Peach, Apple, or Black Raspberry cobbler????

Okay...splain something to me I've never understood...how is cobbler different from pie? Is it just the cross-hatched top crust?

Back