The 441's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look well proportioned with that size bar on them, the 20" looks tiny. When I pull my fnger out and get mine I'll start with a 20" bar but will look to get a 28" in the future to cover off all my bases.

Somebody needs to put some pressure on the manufacturers to develop either some ethanol restistant neoprene parts or a more advanced material for fuel systems. Maybe a group of pro saw enthusiasts could form the core for advancing that.

Who cares about such fatass saws anyway??? :confused:

Now Niko be nice :).

There are some of us that happen to like these "fat bottom girls" especially if they have been worked over a bit. :msp_wink:

You chase perfection all the time, and believe it or not even Husky isn't perfect. I'ts OK, they all have their strengths and when you consider dependability, these chubby saws aren't too bad at all!

We need them both, Stihl and Husky to keep the pressure on each other to bring us the lastest and greatest. Take care Troll.

I'ts OK, they all have their strengths and when you consider dependability, these chubby saws aren't too bad at all!

We need them both, Stihl and Husky to keep the pressure on each other to bring us the lastest and greatest.

I never noticed the additional weight in the MS261 or 441 until someone else pointed it out. I've got at least one copy of each of these saws' predecessor. They are so smooth to operate, if I had to estimate, I would have thought they were lighter. They ride like a mid-seventies LTD. Husqvarna makes a fine product. I had a WR250 that would pull a wheelie in top gear. They make a decent sewing machine, too I'm told.

Well I dont mind the weight of my ported 441 or 261. They get the job done quick. My 441 has been in service for awhile with no issues.:rock:

Well I dont mind the weight of my ported 441 or 261. They get the job done quick. My 441 has been in service for awhile with no issues.:rock:

No complaints or issues here either. You can't beat the screw-on filter with the 261. I love it. Stihl engineers never sit around on they hands. They at least are tipping a cold one. You can afford to do that if your staff is capable of churning out stuff like 066, 044, M-Tronic and Oilomatic/Rapid Super. (And Captive Bar Retainers.)

Like your new platform Stihls? Stop by and check out this new group. You are invited to join.

attachment.php

Who cares about such fatass saws anyway??? :confused:

Who invited you????:msp_rolleyes:

I did. I invited everybody.

441c

Well, I probably got all of an hours run time on it, but it sure was a happy hour.... :)

Good grief, just out of curiosity, I looked to see the dates on these pics.

Poor saw is already nearing one year old. :(

9a222696.jpg

e61cd71a.jpg

Back