the addiction is real

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
desdawg

desdawg

ArboristSite Lurker
Looks like my kind of group. My name is Joe and I am a new guy and an addict. I have a bunch of saws (60+ I think) been collecting for over a year now. Some run, some don't, some are repainted and looking good, some aren't I'm working on some, some are just sitting and waiting and I cruise E-bay like a vulture. Do I qualify?

keith c raymond

keith c raymond

ArboristSite Operative
Have installed 27" Echo bar and Oregon chain. Got a little nervous on startup, cause even with oil a plenty gobbed on the bar, it didnt want to spin. I just juiced it little by little , and low and behold, she spun quite well. I never had a bar and chain combo that large before,and didnt realize the friction to overcome. Bar oiler is set,chain is correct for bar, tension is good, just a heluva lot of chain to spin, i guess.

Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters

Addicted to ArboristSite
Try using a 34" bar with .404 chain on a Mac 250 with the manual oiler. can you say thumb killer?

my 250 will pull the 34" chain, not perfectly, but it will do it.

I'm a confirmed addict, my doctors say I've got the bug, and theres no cure for it.

weimedog

weimedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I keep telling my wife this is a hobbie that adds value to our place (therefor) justifying the amount to time, money, and effort I put into these old monsters!!! Sounds pretty good .....LOL

(So far I have cut enough firewood for the winter & milled enough Ash to build a bunch of horse stalls that got filled with the OTHER main hobbie in the house! (horses) )(Which do YOU think costs more!!!) My signiture is the testament to my addiction with this stuff

woodshop

woodshop

Addicted to ArboristSite
weimedog said:
I keep telling my wife this is a hobbie that adds value to our place (therefor) justifying the amount to time, money, and effort I put into these old monsters!!! Sounds pretty good .....LOL
weimedog thats the same line I use when I feed my woodshop full of cast iron grownup toys... but as long as I feed HER a custom picture frame or piece of furniture every now and then, I get away with it. :) My chainsaws and mills I can conveniently throw in with the woodshop stuff... hey its all kinda one big lump to the good wife. You need wood when working in a woodshop right? Well honey you can't expect me to mill with an 009 now can ya?

When it comes to woodworking and chainsaws and mills, its ALL good.

Dave