the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys for the birthday wishes, the "Super Rex" splitter is Australian made for our hardwood so yeah it does a good job, the latest model costs $80.000.
I'm retracting what I said about the 362 air filter, after cutting a heap of dead hardwood today the air filter is bloody useless ;).

This place would be good for a GTG ,some of the wood is over a metre in diameter, I don't really want to cut it with a 362 :( , I would prefer to be using Matt's 3120 :msp_biggrin:

wayne

Happy birthday Gmax

Thanks for the cover for the 08S it has cleaned up nice and it is alloy did it come of a TS 350?
you need to PM me address or an account no. so I can fix you up for the postage at least.

by the time you and matt turn that dolly into a 7901 it will be a :msp_biggrin: maker.

Happy Easter everyone

David, That cover had cement dust on it so I would assume it's from a TS 350, don't worry about paying.. it's a Easter freebie :hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks for the cover.
I used a stainless bowl and a bottle of vinegar in the kitchen sink to clean the cement dust of it.
It worked a treat. had to keep the alloy rope spool in for only a short time as it foamed quickly.

I don't think I will restore it to as new but clean it up so it looks well maintained but still let it show its age.

are any of you fine fellows planning on building a wood splitter any time in the future? we are scrapping a heap of old underground mine gear at work that have some seriously nice hyd rams, they are dirt cheap at scrap price, basically about 20 bucks each and im happy to pack em up and freight em if needed. if anyones interested shoot me a msg of sizes you are interested in and i can get some pics. they are bloody heavy built units and would take a bit more than a chinese honda to drive em:msp_smile:

Thanks guys for the birthday wishes, the "Super Rex" splitter is Australian made for our hardwood so yeah it does a good job, the latest model costs $80.000.
I'm retracting what I said about the 362 air filter, after cutting a heap of dead hardwood today the air filter is bloody useless ;).

This place would be good for a GTG ,some of the wood is over a metre in diameter, I don't really want to cut it with a 362 :( , I would prefer to be using Matt's 3120 :msp_biggrin:

80k for a wood splitter? Is it gold plated by any chance...

Thanks for the cover.
I used a stainless bowl and a bottle of vinegar in the kitchen sink to clean the cement dust of it.
It worked a treat. had to keep the alloy rope spool in for only a short time as it foamed quickly.

I don't think I will restore it to as new but clean it up so it looks well maintained but still let it show its age.

yes that's all I did with mine

bothCustom.jpg

Pretty pleased with ma self today after taking 6 months to get here I fired off some of my own hand reloads in 223. That they went bang and flew the right direction was a proud moment for me :msp_smile:
Been slowly adding the tools, bits n skills and had a helpful club chap show me the tricks some months ago.
Not sure reloading is for me I,m the to easily distracted type but its nice to know I canna do it and today not stuff it up.

Pretty pleased with ma self today after taking 6 months to get here I fired off some of my own hand reloads in 223. That they went bang and flew the right direction was a proud moment for me :msp_smile:
Been slowly adding the tools, bits n skills and had a helpful club chap show me the tricks some months ago.
Not sure reloading is for me I,m the to easily distracted type but its nice to know I canna do it and today not stuff it up.

It's a good feeling when you roll your own ammo and find that combination that your rifle likes, I've always had good results with ADI powder, CCI primers, Rem cases and Sierra or Hornady projectiles but every rifle is different. What .223 are you using.

Oh yeah, just wait until you try a few different loads and see what happens to the size of the groups. You may soon find yourself with a dozen different cans of powder, 20 boxes of assorted projectiles, 5 different types of brass, 8 different types of primers, neck trimmers, etc. etc.

If you think CAD can be bad...

Oh yeah, just wait until you try a few different loads and see what happens to the size of the groups. You may soon find yourself with a dozen different cans of powder, 20 boxes of assorted projectiles, 5 different types of brass, 8 different types of primers, neck trimmers, etc. etc.

Hahaha, been there, done that and thankfully kicked the addiction :D

don't forget the neck turner flash hole uniformer bullet spinner in line dies and arbor press ect ect ect

not me mate,,,,,,
i use factory loads for my gear these days, way simpler for a buisy working man with other sporting interests.
Our local gunshops will hand load my brass for a fee which works out cheaper also, but i found i like to simply grab my favourite 223 stainless and winchester ammo and go shooting on the property. (i seldom shoot anywhere else these days).

Actualy my gunshop offered me some military stuff some time back to try, same projectile as the winchester stuff (55 grain lead tip) which has a grey coloured brass. Can't think what brand it is offhand but it is hitting a bit harder than the winchester and shooting straight which is a big improvement over the old norico metal jacket ch#t we could get for next to nothing and sprays all over the place.

My old no 4 uses belmont lead tip which seem to go ok in the old girl but funny thing when ever someone sees it they ask have i got any military rounds for a shot, i still have a few left and they only get shot off into a tree or big rock.

I like the idea of my own handloads but don't have the time to do it.

Latest posts

Back