the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And who says it doesn't get cold on the north coast of NSW ?

I'm tucked up already tonight, it' s only 7° out and I'm within earshot of the bloody surf......

Oh, that's right,I said it.....

ok, you just made me go and look,,,, minus 1 in the shed, thankfuly a lot warmer in this house.

At this time of the year i like to spend most sunday arvos in the shed looking over the saws while listening to the footy.Generally cleaning them up and looking for any problems and also spend a lot of time sharpening,the usuall stuff,getting cutters even length,rakers to correct height and rounded to original shape etc,they all look like a new pin.
So this morning i head of to a job of cutting up four trees a guy had pushed over with a dozer a few years ago.nice and clean timber so no problem there...but it was a mixture of grey and yellow box,so you no how sharp the chains were after a few cuts dont you!! makes me wonder why i bother trying to get them perfect in the first place :msp_mad:
The problem is there isnt much else to pick from around here,i swear one day im gunna cut down a cyprus pine,cut it into six inch blocks for some therapy :hmm3grin2orange:
sorry guys just haven a winge,the cook dont listen to me.

Cheers Dave

I feel for you Dave as Box is pretty much all I get to cut these days too, although the only thing I'll be cutting over the next four weeks is a dashing figure in shorts and Crocs. :D

hey rick have you herd any thing about these other than them being cheap
attachment.php

attachment.php

That's because it's difficult and sometimes impossible to get the new globes arc in the same place as the old globes filament.

Often the arc goes at 90° to the filament direction so the focus is miles out whack.

They are tunable to an extent and depends on the reflector type, globe type, H1, H3 with the H2's not provided for.

The Cibie's on the ute were the difficult ones, H1, where both the Beemers, car and bike H1's were perfect candidates for the conversion without any mods needed. I have driving lights on the bike that were fog lights on a Beemer (car) (H9's I think they were?) converted and they worked out brilliant also.

Not as much as a 395XP :p
:hmm3grin2orange:

looked into this today Rick, went to the Husky shop 395xp only 5.2 KW

MS660 ozzy mod 5.6 KW

I have quoted KW Comparison becouse it is a more reliable method of comparison when talking power,
there are a few diffrent ways to calculate HP not all companys use the same way,
Briggs and Stratton had a motor that they made over a certon period time, I think it was the same motor
unchanged for about 5/6 years but the stated hp went from 10 1/2 to 14 in 1/2 hp jumps every now and then

They are tunable to an extent and depends on the reflector type, globe type, H1, H3 with the H2's not provided for.

The Cibie's on the ute were the difficult ones, H1, where both the Beemers, car and bike H1's were perfect candidates for the conversion without any mods needed. I have driving lights on the bike that were fog lights on a Beemer (car) (H9's I think they were?) converted and they worked out brilliant also.

Yep, all true Al. I know the old Nite Stalkers I have on the Landy would be difficult ( they are a rip off of a big rectangular Cibie) but can' t remember how the Cibie Super Oscars I put on the Patrol when we bought it all those years ago would work out ?)
Do you you remember bushy555 from Outerlimits ?
He spent a lot of time working out what would and wouldn't convert, apperently he did a very good job on the LF 240's

Last edited:
I do like playing with the big red blocks!
MS660 going well, looks like we have the 7.7hp mag, Stihl Aust will not admit it and just quote the 7.1hp, but the diff between the 7.1hp and 7.7 is the muff, the 7.1hp had the USA cat muff and 7.7hp the old Oz dual port muff,
attachment.php

what a sight, stihl 090 cutting stove wood.
Sir what do you split those blocks with, axe, block buster or are you useing a hyd splitter.

I have a 090 as well for stove wood, but the bar is way shorter, our timber is not as big and we get grey box and iron bark and sometimes spotted gum.

tonights temp,,,,, minus 4 1/2 in the shed, my old acco wouldn't go dissarvo, perfectly clear day today but, if you could stay in the sun.

Sir i see you are a Queenslander, how would you rate your blokes against the NSW boys i have seen. Have you had the oportunity to race out western sydney.

mmmmm

Last edited:
Oww dam it, twisted ma ankle 3 weeks ago then re did it again last week steppin round ma dog twas just gettin strong no swelling & just stuck it in a felled limb divot turned it inside out again dam it dam it dam.sniff oh the pain will robinson oh the pain. :bang:

Oww dam it, twisted ma ankle 3 weeks ago then re did it again last week steppin round ma dog twas just gettin strong no swelling & just stuck it in a felled limb divot turned it inside out again dam it dam it dam.sniff oh the pain will robinson oh the pain. :bang:

Ankles are highly overrated mate.
They do hurt though and take a bit to get their stability back. Good luck with it :cheers:

Ankles are highly overrated mate.
They do hurt though and take a bit to get their stability back. Good luck with it :cheers:

Thanks sport ma own dam fault & the stupid higher heels on work boots these days. They make em way to tall over yer heel I dunno why and when yer do a turn you go large rather than just a twist.

Some news for reloaders to pass on

Last week in Vic buying some powder and 224 dia pills. But with the purchase asked show my firearm licence sure no problemo, but was asked to provide my driver ticket as well and the details taken and logged by the shop.

Find its the dangerous goods act coming into play

http://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au/wps/...d535/WOR287_MIA_EXPLOSIVES_D6.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

Powder and Primers Require Shooters licence and the sale is recorded. Loaded ammo requires shooters licence and does not need to be recorded. People with a shooters licence are allowed to transport primer, powder and loaded ammo in a standard motor vehicle. There are quantity restrictions. I

The new act introduced the recording of each sale as requirement and the requirement to show a drivers licence.

The new act had a grace period of twelve months so the gun shops had until 01July 12 (NOW) to comply.

Loaded ammo requires shooters licence and does not need to be recorded.

Yep and you have to actually own the calibre you're buying ammo for as well. No more buying ammo to shoot out of your mate's rifle (unless you are already licenced for that calibre).

I got some powder last week and they wonted to know everything as well,so if anything blows up around Geelong they know where i live.:msp_ohmy:

What do they think i will blow up with 1/2 kilo of 760 ?.

Last edited:
Both lots cant organise themselves, we saw that in the illegal immigration debate. The current batch of politicians would have to be the most uninspiring pack of idiots ever to set foot on this earth. I think it will take a generational change to bring about a new batch of idiots with better ideas.

Unfortunately, if we vote Juliar out tomorrow, Abbott wont be any better. Neither will the greens. The last NSW state election has illustrated this point.

Latest posts

Back