the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, but it's still a very handy tool to have. I still need to get the port cover plates for mine.

they are cheap, the carby side one is about $4 from stihl and on th muff side just use a bit of rubber,(pull the muff off, take gaskit off, put a bit of 3mm rubber over and then put the muff back on and do it up tight)

thanks mate,,, the penny finaly dropped, i can embed now....

edit.....

Bigdgb,,,,
that new guage looks a beauty, flasher than mine and they come in handy. a bit dear but its only money and the stihl name gives it more awsomeness to justify the price.

ah your catching on for an old bloke:msp_tongue: and I did find a cheaper one on ebay but but but your right did not have Stihl on it:hmm3grin2orange:

ah your catching on for an old bloke:msp_tongue: and I did find a cheaper one on ebay but but but your right did not have Stihl on it:hmm3grin2orange:

I think it's good value considering what a Stihl dealer would charge. It's something I need and have to chase up. Very handy looking unit.

Also got the latest Jakmax cattledog today and surprise surprise, Carlton are changing bar suppliers once again!
Their pro range of bars are now going to be Windsor.
I've always wanted to run a Windsor Speed Tip but as far as I'm concerned this is great news. The Speed Tips have an awesome reputation. They'll still have their Tsumura range (actual Tsumura branded) in only 20" ad 24" and I gather they'll slowly get rid of their black Carlton branded Oregon Power Match Plus stocks before the Speed Tips start showing up. Yay :D

DSCF2501.jpg

Hi my 090 is stock running 7pin .404 RS Stihl chain. The only thing ive done is mod the governor so it never comes on.. It would really cut at speed with 8+ pin might have to look into a bigger pin..:smile2:

you can take the govenor off all together, that will stop those oily and carboned up plugs common with 090's.
An 8 tooth rim in 404 would help you saw also, i still have a heap of them i will never use so others would have em in tins forgotton.
I have 2 race 090's and both run 10 in 3/8, these don't get a run much as we don't run an 090 class mainly due to lack of interest and OH&S reasons, but qld has a very odd run for them.

If i just happen to take a 90 to a training day, that bloody thing will get used more than the rest, everyone wants to play with them.

Matt,,,, interesting on the Carlton range, some of those look ok.

Prediction,,,, you will be sorry for advertiseing here what you have to sell..

Last edited:
Hi my 090 is stock running 7pin .404 RS Stihl chain. The only thing ive done is mod the governor so it never comes on.. It would really cut at speed with 8+ pin might have to look into a bigger pin..:smile2:

ah thought the governor had been played with:msp_wink: you can tell by it was reving in the vid, when the gov is on and you have it going flat out you can hear the gov kicking in, if you did not know what it was you would think the saw has some kind of miss,

I think the 066 would beat it with gov on,

Just where would a fella find a 20" or 21" sprocket nosed bar in 3/8"pitch to suit an 090 would prefer a Windsor Speed tip Bar in .050 if possible ??

McBob.

Update .... found a Spiegal Bar and redrilled the oil port and bar adjustment hole i have a few of these with a roller nose and in 063gauge so forget the windsor bar no longer needed.

Last edited:
Wow a dream run today, Ok had to go git me twisted ankle checked out,,, sigh this is gunna take all avo but no ring physio up get in straight away they poked prodd n strapped it up all done 20mins. But then told need to get xray to b sure,,, sigh that means need a Dr refferal n trip to path lab so more friggin waitin rooms n crap chick mags. But wait i gotz a Dr who owes me one, a call he's faxed the ref to a nearby Xray joint off there I go in no que all done 1/2 hours tops. Wow wee all bulk billed easy as n back at work like nutthin happened me and me stuipd foot just needs rest.:msp_smile:

Wow a dream run today, Ok had to go git me twisted ankle checked out,,, sigh this is gunna take all avo but no ring physio up get in straight away they poked prodd n strapped it up all done 20mins. But then told need to get xray to b sure,,, sigh that means need a Dr refferal n trip to path lab so more friggin waitin rooms n crap chick mags. But wait i gotz a Dr who owes me one, a call he's faxed the ref to a nearby Xray joint off there I go in no que all done 1/2 hours tops. Wow wee all bulk billed easy as n back at work like nutthin happened me and me stuipd foot just needs rest.:msp_smile:

It'll be easier and cheaper to get it amputated mate ;)

Must include something about chainsaws otherwise it'll get dumped in the Off Topic forum so i'll start.

Or maybe get dumped into the spamming file and banned. You're really not that bright are you?
Posts like yours really do stand out like dog's balls as spam. I'm not even sure you have a good command of the english language or grammar...
Bye bye...

Hi all, you guy's seem to know abit about 090's here are a few pics of mine..I gave it a wash and fitting a new spark plug cap and it seem's like it's not that easy of a job... I did try to upload the pics like in deye223 vid but bugger me it did not work :bang: I dont get why it has to be that hard to upload a pic or am i really that slow lol...... 4 pics all up :msp_smile: View attachment 244139View attachment 244140View attachment 244141View attachment 244142

rogue60,,, if you go back to deye223 's vid and watch a couple of times you will get it, thats how i learned, then thank him.

nice looking 090, in very good order for sure.

edit,,,,, matt haha

Last edited:
nice looking saw....

Thanks, It sounds nice too, starting it is interesting it has a vicious kickback... I like it :D
[video=youtube;evTbGJN4OQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evTbGJN4OQc[/video]

How big Wayne? Also when you coming to visit? I have a newer model Dolmar here wanting to say hello...

Sorry Matt, I've been busy lately but I'll organize a time soon.

BFF Neil, BFF...

Hi all, you guy's seem to know abit about 090's here are a few pics of mine..I gave it a wash and fitting a new spark plug cap and it seem's like it's not that easy of a job... I did try to upload the pics like in deye223 vid but bugger me it did not work :bang: I dont get why it has to be that hard to upload a pic or am i really that slow lol...... 4 pics all up :msp_smile: View attachment 244139View attachment 244140View attachment 244141View attachment 244142

don't forget to go to setings then go to my account then general settings and click on Enhanced Attachment Uploading off in Miscellaneous Options at the bottom cheers

Hey apologies to whichever Australian AS member it was who rang earlier that I had to cut short. I didn't hear your name over a screaming kid and was waiting for a call back from the hospital. Nothing serious but little Zoe was a bit blocked in the bottom end and in obvious distress up so we had to get her into hospital. She'd been screaming her lungs out for nearly 3 hours straight when you'd rung with no chance of settling her down. I didn't get the number either. If you can try me on my mobile instead of the house phone that would be your best bet as our house phone is right next to our bed and Tracy can be catching sleep at anytime of the day. If you can't get me leave a message and I'll get back to you ASAP. Will be on the saws this weekend so I may not hear you. Apologies once again mate :(

Hey apologies to whichever Australian AS member it was who rang earlier that I had to cut short. I didn't hear your name over a screaming kid and was waiting for a call back from the hospital. Nothing serious but little Zoe was a bit blocked in the bottom end and in obvious distress up so we had to get her into hospital. She'd been screaming her lungs out for nearly 3 hours straight when you'd rung with no chance of settling her down. I didn't get the number either. If you can try me on my mobile instead of the house phone that would be your best bet as our house phone is right next to our bed and Tracy can be catching sleep at anytime of the day. If you can't get me leave a message and I'll get back to you ASAP. Will be on the saws this weekend so I may not hear you. Apologies once again mate :(

No worries Matt, I hope Zoe is feeling better

Latest posts

Back