the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bahco were bought by a large French based tool company who were then subsequently bought by Snap On.

FWIW I think the Spanish Bahco's are the same as the Spanish Sidchrome shifters that were sold just before Stanley bought Sidchchrome ?

If so, should be ok, but I'm hanging onto my Swedish Bahco's forever.

If you want to see a selection of best quality hand tools you need to see Serg's little workshop.

If give my left nut for his selection.

Just saw this on another site (nothing to do with saws or timber either !)

Brave boy, it definitely is precision falling, not something I'd attempt !

hF4909430

And of course there is the SS babe of choice. Also lifted from him on another site. Easy on the eyes...

View attachment 357475

i though he liked red heads

Just saw this on another site (nothing to do with saws or timber either !)

Brave boy, it definitely is precision falling, not something I'd attempt !

hF4909430
Nice job but close examination hmm I'd say the house was under demo anyhoo they had dropped the service power line from pole beside to allow felling, I wonderz why the finish final cut on fall side? it did not look to be a release or bore cut set up and wot they gonna do with that stump in decking once all done..

hold it he pulls out bar with weight on so must be bore release

anyhoo well done gutzy and much joy when it goes well,,, gittin em to go where they want too easy nuff, gittin em to turn or deify physics that's the magic trick

Just in a Riverland Vineyard Technical Group meeting at Banrock Station (in the Riverland). Lots of awesome food and good coffees. Girl serving the coffees is an absolute stunner.

Just thought I'd rub that in.

As far as the video above I have a feeling the guys had crunched the numbers and come to the conclusion that the log value was worth more than the premises. No matter how accurate you are just the impact of a tree that size when it hits the deck can, and will, damage structures. I refused to do a big tree job (easy falls, easy money) on private property a number of years ago simply because half of the states telephone fibreoptic cable network was right alongside.

i though he liked red heads

Nice job but close examination hmm I'd say the house was under demo anyhoo they had dropped the service power line from pole beside to allow felling, I wonderz why the finish final cut on fall side? it did not look to be a release or bore cut set up and wot they gonna do with that stump in decking once all done..

hold it he pulls out bar with weight on so must be bore release

anyhoo well done gutzy and much joy when it goes well,,, gittin em to go where they want too easy nuff, gittin em to turn or deify physics that's the magic trick

Ya im with you,there is no way anyone would have a go at that plus i reckon there was some pully pully involved with that anyway.

Ya im with you,there is no way anyone would have a go at that plus i reckon there was some pully pully involved with that anyway.

really extending past practical as cannot tell by vid but maybe it was leaning that away so he had no need for rope / pully just bore release to avoid it slabbing,,,,, but the stacked wedges suggest other wise so maybe he was just super gustzy good

meh i do this felling stuff from 40 feet up on rope ;) its lovely to get it right watch a big head or limb come off neat fall where you hoped silent to the ground then feel the wump and thud comin back up

That Doug Fir stick is prolly worth more than that shed and mobile home combined.

Yeah I agree. We had a limited view of the rest of the buildings but they looked pretty run down to me. In all honesty this isn't probably as hard as people think - if somebody asked me to do that and wasn't worried about potential property damage I'd be quietly confident I could thread that tree through that gap as well. Remember that conifers tend to grow straight and tall and their hingewood hangs on way better than eucalypts.

Yeah I agree. We had a limited view of the rest of the buildings but they looked pretty run down to me. In all honesty this isn't probably as hard as people think - if somebody asked me to do that and wasn't worried about potential property damage I'd be quietly confident I could thread that tree through that gap as well. Remember that conifers tend to grow straight and tall and their hingewood hangs on way better than eucalypts.
Matt i would have pi--ed myself if it backfired and hit the house though

Good to have a phone again...er i think,effed my phone on friday whilst driving,had it sitting on the dash and when it took a tumble it was still hooked up to the patch lead,well,when i took the lead out the little doovy came out with it:mad:no more worky for good,dammit ,had to buy a new phone,that was just the start to a bad week,forgot to get a tax inv for a bulk fuel buy,missus tuned me on that one,dozer wouldnt start,now cant steer left:mad:got the tractor out to do some slashing ,blew a coolant hose on the oil cooler heat exchanger,still havent fixed it yet,went out and cut some strainer posts and pinched a bar:mad:,fourwheeler would't start this morning Aaaarrhhhh effit,
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AHWELL
Could be worse i spose

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back