the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Chris.
This is arboristsite.com, not Facebook.
Please go whine somewhere else. I had a tough day eating scones and drinking coffees, whilst being served by a hot chick, and you didn't hear me complaining.
Thanks,
Matt
Sorry,not really:D

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Specs or it never happened Wayne.

Oh and prices too in case I want you to build me one :)

Yes sir,

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Chassis Black $119

ASRock Z97 Extreme6 $229.00

Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB SSD $99

GSkill Ripjaw-Z 8GB Kit (4Gx2) DDR3-2400 F3-2400C10D-8GZH $102

ASUS DRW-24D3ST Black 24x DVD-RW Writer (OEM) $20

Seagate 3.5" Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 SATA3 7200rpm 64MB Cache Hard Disk $94

Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5GHz 8MB $384

Noctua NH-U14S Multi Socket CPU Cooler $80.00

TPC-750 750W True Power Classic 80Plus Gold Power Supply Unit $149

Bitspower Dual 30cm Cold Cathode Kit UV $19

The CPU is overclocked It's now running at 4.2GHz
The video card is from my old system a GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Yes sir,

Hey those are some good prices Wayne! Should be nice and quick. So you went with regular HDD and solid state?

Yes sir,

Meh. My iPad would flog it...

:)

Yes sir,

uh oh gmaxskynet may reach self awareness

I have Windows 3.1 setup floppy discs but I forgot to install a floppy disc drive, so I went with win 8.1

Hopefully you mean the 5 1/4" floppies? The 3 1/2" floppies were smaller and weren't as floppy so mustn't have been as good.
I actually thought you'd go with a tape drive to be honest although your new setup probably hasn't got the computing power for a storage system as awesome as that.

Hopefully you mean the 5 1/4" floppies? The 3 1/2" floppies were smaller and weren't as floppy so mustn't have been as good.
I actually thought you'd go with a tape drive to be honest although your new setup probably hasn't got the computing power for a storage system as awesome as that.

Actually I did have a tape drive and zip drive, SCSI drive, my first PC was a 486 DX.... the good old days

That Doug Fir stick is prolly worth more than that shed and mobile home combined.

I doubt that. This is the land of the best and most expensive Doug Fir in the US (northwest Oregon) and here a number one grade peeler at the mill is $685/MBF and a number 2 grade saw log is $635/MBF right now. You also have to pay the fallers and for hauling it to the mill... meaning low return. If they were demolishing the house and garage/shed, then the price is negative; it costs you to demo and remove them. So even a penny is worth more than they are. Most used mobile homes here go for several thousand, even in beat up shape. Some mildew palaces and crack dens are free though.

Seems they were setting the wedges with precision and cutting the straps so I am not surprised with the results. I can get within a few inches of target on most of the falling that I do. If you look at the guys falling the huge redwoods in northern California, they get within inches on falling 3 foot DBH trees. But its a precision thing and they take their time. Some old growth timber can be worth a lot of cash.

Good to have a phone again...er i think,effed my phone on friday whilst driving,had it sitting on the dash and when it took a tumble it was still hooked up to the patch lead<snip>

Must be the week for phones...

Arrived home last night around 5:30, drop wallet, etc. on the table and then realise "where's my phone??"
Go through the car, pockets etc, so then get the ***** and backtrack to the last job 20km away.
Can't find it but had in the back of my mind I'd left it on the mudguard while stashing the 3' steps and digi thermometer.

Start driving home and 500m from the job at an intersection and big dip in the road sits the silhouette of a Samsung Galaxy.
Sure enough, my poor little phone, a little beaten, gouged and worse for wear but luckily not flattened by a semi and still working !

Breathe a big sigh of relief as apart from all my contact info are all my job times, orders and general crap.

Oh and Matt, you claim this gorgeous young thing was serving you coffee and yet we see no evidence ?
Are you taking up where Bob left off ?

Ha !

I doubt that. This is the land of the best and most expensive Doug Fir in the US (northwest Oregon) and here a number one grade peeler at the mill is $685/MBF and a number 2 grade saw log is $635/MBF right now. You also have to pay the fallers and for hauling it to the mill... meaning low return. If they were demolishing the house and garage/shed, then the price is negative; it costs you to demo and remove them. So even a penny is worth more than they are. Most used mobile homes here go for several thousand, even in beat up shape. Some mildew palaces and crack dens are free though.

Seems they were setting the wedges with precision and cutting the straps so I am not surprised with the results. I can get within a few inches of target on most of the falling that I do. If you look at the guys falling the huge redwoods in northern California, they get within inches on falling 3 foot DBH trees. But its a precision thing and they take their time. Some old growth timber can be worth a lot of cash.

Aren't many mills about that will take lumber from private homes. It's worth even less than negative. I'd mil it or turn it into firewood.

Sanitary napkin is the correct term :)

Hey as far as software mate what are you running? DOS? Windows 3.1?

Actually I'm serious.

I was using the blue tooth on the Nokia to try and talk to the head unit in my car. It didn't like it. USB won't work. So I used a 20 year old aux cable from a stereo. Works fine.

Oh and Matt, you claim this gorgeous young thing was serving you coffee and yet we see no evidence ?
Are you taking up where Bob left off ?

Ha !

You know how you put your phone on silent yet the camera still makes a sound when you take a photo? Sadly it's an anti pervert feature and it severely hampered my ability to provide evidence. Especially when I was sitting next to another chick :(
It's a cruel world.

Latest posts

Back