the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st run, 070 with basic tuning time. 6.78, 6.66
2nd run, 070 tunned 6.37, 6.36
3rd run, 076 as is and has a slight air leak 13.84, 12.26
4th run, 090 5.31, 5.46
same bar and chain, log was roughly 19inches under bark, yellow stringy.
076 needs some attention (air leak) and was an unfair test in that condition and will improve greatly.

Last edited:
Nice one Neil! You got it running pretty good there.

But I have to ask, were the vibes on the old china red genuine too? lol

Thanks Rudi, well the 1st run with basic tuning it was ruff and not good, excessive and would cause white knuckle if used for prolonged periods. After some running I retuned properly and it smoothed out a lot, yes it still has vibration but more tolerable, both my own going 090's are nicer to use but.
It should be noted, Wayne sent up a after market 090 cyl and piston which I installed, but did not modify as yet.
The copy also had a clutch change and I went with a 8 tooth to start with, my own 090 runs a 9 tooth.
the Chinese carby needs a lot of work, Wayne has put a genuine diagram in which will help, I haven't gone through that as yet.

Last edited:
Hi gents.
I got a pretty handy video link the other day from Andrew (Stihlman441) but it didn't last long before the link became inactive.
Being the true gentleman that I am I downloaded said video and have reuploaded it to Zippyshare for future reference.
It involves a well endowed pretty girl and some top half nekkidness, dancing to a rather lame song. All said and done nobody needs to listen to the song.
It's an 88MB download so certainly not for people on dialup or with limited internet plans. Just hit the "Download Now" button...
Enjoy :D

Ed Solo & Deekline - Bongo Bong.mp4

I nailed a few with the .25/06 and .22/250 as well but they weren't fit for photos as it could put some people off their dinner.

And those poor fluffy bunnies stone cold, bloodied and broken don't?

Of course they do......

You might get a fireball with your sweet & sour Chinese takeaway this week.

Hopefully she's not that ugly that it looks like somebody has set her face on fire and put it out with a bike chain?

(I heard this comment off a workmate a while ago and it still cracks me up!)

Nice ile remember that . My neighbour came over the other day and told me about a taxi ride and called the driver a dog jammer Near pissed my self

1st run, 070 with basic tuning time. 6.78, 6.66
2nd run, 070 tunned 6.37, 6.36
3rd run, 076 as is and has a slight air leak 13.84, 12.26
4th run, 090 5.31, 5.46
same bar and chain, log was roughly 19inches under bark, yellow stringy.
076 needs some attention (air leak) and was an unfair test in that condition and will improve greatly.

Nice work I knew you wouldn't disappoint.

Neil, good work the chingaling 070 is actually cutting well, sounds good too but don't make it too fast Matt might want it back :laugh:

At the end of the day its still a copy, plain and simple. If I was a prowd Stihl collector, I would not have one on display or ever try and pass it off as one. The other thing, even tho the 090 replacement kit can fit increasing displacement, its still a 070 copy not an 090 copy.

While I have been setting up my new mill site at our farm and not working full time, I have had a steady run of race saws getting attention from racing mates, I have also sorted out all my own racers ready for 2014 season. I have a very tidy 2100 here waiting modifications to unlimited class, needs to be ready for 1st event late jan 2014.

Last edited:
Is there an event calendar I would be keen to get along to a couple

I regret to inform you that I am the only Matt invited to saw racing events. Sorry old son but you've taken a lot of attention away from me on this forum and further action had to be taken to limit your exposure to fellow Australian members. It was the only way.

Is there an event calendar I would be keen to get along to a couple

yes we do have one within the race community, normally we don't advertise it outside that, same as the wood chopping community. I can let you know where and when if your interested.

Good point. The last thing Neil needs is a crankcase letting go at 18,000rpm and tearing his legs off. He's short enough already.

18000 revs per month is achievable Matt, the crank will stand that mate, will stay nicely oiled up running blue oil from you all know who. weather i want to run it that long is another question.

Last edited:
And then the metal quality should reveal itself.........KABOOOM!

Yea i do not want that Chris, my plan is to progressively mod and keep running it between stages, if Matt or Wayne wants it back at any stage, back it goes. My job is already done concerning the 070 Chinese copy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back