the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well gmax wont be fixing my saws that's for sure

You may not be his biggest fan (and vice versa) but one thing he can do is fix saws well. He has pressure and vac gauges too but read about the fuel in the crankcase somewhere, tried it, and it works. Cheap fix for somebody without gauges. Only good for crank seals though.

I sorted out the vac side of things today found a functioning miti vac and gauge at work and think I have found a very cheap presure tester useing an old blood presure tester will pump up to 6psi easy may even go high enough to check pop presure as well.

Nice saw Neil very nice

You may not be his biggest fan (and vice versa) but one thing he can do is fix saws well. He has pressure and vac gauges too but read about the fuel in the crankcase somewhere, tried it, and it works. Cheap fix for somebody without gauges. Only good for crank seals though.

From what I have seen I agree, I also have talked with him personally and yea, he has my vote of confidence,,, he gives me the impression he always seems to have a little trick tucked away for those old saw restorations.

But old macBob is undisputed king of the mac's here in oz, I must give credit where due.

Wayne (gmax) had a really good solution for testing crank seals with the top end off. Simply fill the crankcase full of petrol and check if any leaks out of the seals. Haven't tried it but Wayne swears it works well. He's rebuilt enough saws to know.
Some seals only leak under pressure or vac so ideally you need to be able to test both.

Nice saw Neil :)

On another note did you ever see that guy who pressure tested a Husky fuel tank with over 100psi? Very nasty - destroyed the tank (um, duh!!!) and cut his thighs open pretty bad. It didn't split but fragmented like a grenade. From memory it damaged his hearing too. I think it was a thread on this site about 5 years ago but can't remember.
I saw a guy do the same thing about 20 years ago with a polypropylene plastic bottle in a juice manufacturing plant. Stuck an air gun through the cap and gave it a blast while holding it between his legs. Tore the crap out of his thighs and sounded like a bomb went off. He didn't need hospital treatment but he was a very sore boy - he looked like he'd been repeatedly whipped with a cane. These bottles were only paper thin too so I'd hate to see a fuel tank go off under high pressure.

Thanz mate.

As for mister blow up man, he is lucky it did not blow his ball bag off. Anyway I bet he learned something from that exercise.

I have the dreaded lurgy and its killing me. Still got out in the shed when I knocked off and did a chain for old mate next door he hit a nail or twenty damaged every cutter on one side of the chain any how all good now. Haven't got the up and go to look in to my leaky project so eff it I'm haveing a beer

I have the dreaded lurgy and its killing me. Still got out in the shed when I knocked off and did a chain for old mate next door he hit a nail or twenty damaged every cutter on one side of the chain any how all good now. Haven't got the up and go to look in to my leaky project so eff it I'm haveing a beer

Me too. Stayed at home all day. Zoe and the missus crook too although Zoe just snots everywhere - doesn't seem to slow the little buggar down like me and Tracy.

I wish it did...

Yeah - I'm suffering too, was up till 2am with the 5 month old grizzling and whinging and not wanting to feed, sleep or play. Then up at 6.30 for work. Feel utterly destroyed now......

Still got to get chains off you sometime Matt - although I bought a truckload of cut & split firewood as I'd only brought 1 load in for the winter myself, and the fire got lit a couple of days ago for the winter.

Are those ''Tards'' as in RE ?????? yea they are in a lot of work places.

I shouldn't call this prick a retard his not that farkin bright. Look I'm not the sharpest tool in the box but this bloke takes the cake. When they were handing out brains he thought they were milk shakes and asked for a thick one

All this thick dialect makes you guys sound like you are all from Australia or something...

I gott'a get my OzMerican translator out just to read this stuff. I will be ready for a visit down under some day though. My cousin has moved to Adelaide from Sydney now. More interested in visiting Adelaide myself. Maybe take some saws with me from Madsens to pay for the trip.

Uzi! Uzi! Uzi!

All this thick dialect makes you guys sound like you are all from Australia or something...

I gott'a get my OzMerican translator out just to read this stuff. I will be ready for a visit down under some day though. My cousin has moved to Adelaide from Sydney now. More interested in visiting Adelaide myself. Maybe take some saws with me from Madsens to pay for the trip.

Uzi! Uzi! Uzi!

If you get to Adelaide let me know.

Got another SP125C this morning from SA plenty of compression but in need of a few bits like a flag for the chainbrake assy an airfilter and housing along with a replacement anchor and a good tub over all not a bad saw

McBob

If he does get there you better go rescue him and get him out in the bush ASAP

Can't have him catching townie disease or yuppyitis. Before you know it he'll be sipping an organic decaf soy latte with organically certified artificial sweeteners on Rundle Street...

Back