The Italian Stallion, Olympyk 999

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rain, rain go away, so here's a pic to pass the day.

aqa6yram.jpg

The video is loading... it's about an hour out. Looks to be around 3-4 seconds faster and I noticed that I must have hit something with the chain, about 50% of the left side cutters are missing the point.

an hour out ahh? that will be 9pm. have to miss the beginning of Axe Men (it re-runs later in the evening anyways) for your video.:rock:

just checkin in.

No problem here, I turned the flat screen on in my bedroom (right above) the computer. When Axe Men comes on I'll just lean back in the chair.:rock: Second thought, if I watch your video at the same time as Axe Men- I might actually see/ hear a chainsaw on this episode.:msp_w00t:

The video is loading... it's about an hour out. Looks to be around 3-4 seconds faster and I noticed that I must have hit something with the chain, about 50% of the left side cutters are missing the point.

Always fun figuring out the tricks on a new saw. Chain speed aside, how did the throttle response, well, respond?

Edit: you just posted the vid. Throttle response is night and day. Holds R's better but what saw could cut fast with a UFO on its back?

Last edited:
Have you got a 7 or 8 pin on that saw? Seems as if it has the gonads to pull 8 real easy, sorta a torque monster if you will.......

8 pin, half skip Stihl RSLHK. It was fresh off the roll but now it's 50% at best.

I'm going to try advancing the ignition timing and sharpening the chain. :msp_angry:

For all of you that would like to run this monster at the GTG... I hope you eat your Wheaties that morning.

IMG_2274_zps2cdef6de.jpg

Outfitted with bar and chain.

IMG_2275_zpsce7b37c9.jpg

This 36" Cannon roller is heavy.

IMG_2276_zpsf3bba545.jpg

Here is a Cannon 37" Husky mount for comparison.

IMG_2277_zps28908683.jpg

How many channels do you get with that thing?

You think with that alien technology on top it would have a way to keep the chain sharp.

I figured it out... The chain got loose and cut the top off a nylock nut that holding the inner dog on.

I noticed the saw was running a little hot and there was a lot of carbon build up on the piston for such a short run time. This lead me to believe that the timing was late and the fuel was not being completely burned.

I advanced the timing a little and threw on a fresh chain and it made quite a difference. It took another 4.5 second off the cut.

I noticed the saw was running a little hot and there was a lot of carbon build up on the piston for such a short run time. This lead me to believe that the timing was late and the fuel was not being completely burned.

I advanced the timing a little and threw on a fresh chain and it made quite a difference. It took another 4.5 second off the cut.

Now it's talking! You think it would like allitle more advance? Does it buck the starter much now?

Latest posts

Back