The Italian Stallion, Olympyk 999

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
srcarr52

srcarr52

We can't stop here, this is bat country.
Rain, rain go away, so here's a pic to pass the day.

aqa6yram.jpg

srcarr52

srcarr52

The video is loading... it's about an hour out. Looks to be around 3-4 seconds faster and I noticed that I must have hit something with the chain, about 50% of the left side cutters are missing the point.

bryanr2

bryanr2

Addicted to ArboristSite
just checkin in.

No problem here, I turned the flat screen on in my bedroom (right above) the computer. When Axe Men comes on I'll just lean back in the chair.:rock: Second thought, if I watch your video at the same time as Axe Men- I might actually see/ hear a chainsaw on this episode.:msp_w00t:

mweba

mweba

Addicted to ArboristSite
The video is loading... it's about an hour out. Looks to be around 3-4 seconds faster and I noticed that I must have hit something with the chain, about 50% of the left side cutters are missing the point.

Always fun figuring out the tricks on a new saw. Chain speed aside, how did the throttle response, well, respond?

Edit: you just posted the vid. Throttle response is night and day. Holds R's better but what saw could cut fast with a UFO on its back?

Last edited:
srcarr52

srcarr52

Have you got a 7 or 8 pin on that saw? Seems as if it has the gonads to pull 8 real easy, sorta a torque monster if you will.......

8 pin, half skip Stihl RSLHK. It was fresh off the roll but now it's 50% at best.

I'm going to try advancing the ignition timing and sharpening the chain. :msp_angry:

srcarr52

srcarr52

For all of you that would like to run this monster at the GTG... I hope you eat your Wheaties that morning.

IMG_2274_zps2cdef6de.jpg

Outfitted with bar and chain.

IMG_2275_zpsce7b37c9.jpg

This 36" Cannon roller is heavy.

IMG_2276_zpsf3bba545.jpg

Here is a Cannon 37" Husky mount for comparison.

IMG_2277_zps28908683.jpg

srcarr52

srcarr52

I noticed the saw was running a little hot and there was a lot of carbon build up on the piston for such a short run time. This lead me to believe that the timing was late and the fuel was not being completely burned.

I advanced the timing a little and threw on a fresh chain and it made quite a difference. It took another 4.5 second off the cut.

albert

albert

Addicted to ArboristSite
I noticed the saw was running a little hot and there was a lot of carbon build up on the piston for such a short run time. This lead me to believe that the timing was late and the fuel was not being completely burned.

I advanced the timing a little and threw on a fresh chain and it made quite a difference. It took another 4.5 second off the cut.

Now it's talking! You think it would like allitle more advance? Does it buck the starter much now?

Latest posts