The Kuliens (boots) Are Here! Or, Smurfed Again!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lady friend has pink false tongues on her Wesco fire boots, sort of sparkly. She got them at the factory and the sales lady was happy to run upstairs and get pink tongues cut while we were in town.

here is my thing. i wouldn't mind spending $500 on a pair of boots if i knew they would last me more than a year. it would be great if i could get 2-3 yrs out of them.

SILlogger, they might not last more than a year, but you'll still love them. As long as you get your second pair before your first ones are too trashed, you can send the first ones back for rebuild if you so desire, even get them rebuilt with caulks. Insensible but seeemingly true, 2 pairs in tandem will last longer than 2 pairs seperate. Then you will be getting your multiple years, or at least more likely.

But, full time cutting, a year is about it with a single pair. But man, these brands of boots are soooo much nicer than the regular brands. I once tried Baileys boots to ry to wean myself from expensive boots, they were returned after on my foot for maybe half a second. I just went with Hoffman for a pair of caulks, for the same cheapo trial reasoning, and they're all right, but not Wesco. Just sayin.

here is my thing. i wouldn't mind spending $500 on a pair of boots if i knew they would last me more than a year. it would be great if i could get 2-3 yrs out of them.

You can get into them for about half of that. How long they last will depend on how they are used and how they are taken care of. I would expect at least twice as long as Carolinas or most Redwings. Personally I get three or four times the life out of them.
Check out the price on these Hathorns.
http://www.whitesboots.com/store/Hathorn_Explorer_boots.php

You can get into them for about half of that. How long they last will depend on how they are used and how they are taken care of. I would expect at least twice as long as Carolinas or most Redwings. Personally I get three or four times the life out of them.
Check out the price on these Hathorns.
http://www.whitesboots.com/store/Hathorn_Explorer_boots.php

do you wear the hawthorns or are the full blown whites the way to go?

Speaking for myself,a lifetime of standing on your feet catches up to you,take care of them dawgs.My feet love the soft floor of a forest,they can feel the difference between a wood or steel boat,concrete slab or dirt pad.
Id like a pair of caulked Whites sno-pacs,and another pair of good work boots.
One perspective I use to justify any good tool purchase(including boots,winter gear),is take the price and divide it by the number of hours or days of expected use.
All of a sudden it gets real reasonable.None of my boots are custom,but I do use foot beds in them,which helps a great deal,just wish they had a tiny bit more cushion,they run about $35 a pair up here.

ak4195

One perspective I use to justify any good tool purchase(including boots,winter gear),is take the price and divide it by the number of hours or days of expected use.
All of a sudden it gets real reasonable.

good point :clap:

Did you get the stitch down uppers or the nail downs? I've always got the stitch downs. I thought they were lighter.

When you start wearing them you should find an old growth cedar slab and walk up and down on it. They make the sweetest crunching noise.

I do think you made a mistake. You would have liked the drive caulks.

I got the nail downs. I would imagine I can get the soles redone the other way later on. I put more grease on them, but I really like to do it when the sun is hot and that sure isn't now. Maybe I should send them down to Mexico.:) Or Austrailia. With me along.

I can just see you relaxing on a sunny beach with a cool drink, a breeze in your hair massaging a handfull of shoe grease into your new caulks.

Boot grease and sand. Sounds good. We did have a sunny day yesterday. It's just that those stupid trees are too tall so there aren't too many places where the sun makes it to the ground. We need to cut more trees down so us grumpy in the winter people can get more rays in January. The snow in the woods is packed so hard no snowshoes are required to walk on top of it. Not even for me.

Boot grease and sand. Sounds good. We did have a sunny day yesterday. It's just that those stupid trees are too tall so there aren't too many places where the sun makes it to the ground. We need to cut more trees down so us grumpy in the winter people can get more rays in January. The snow in the woods is packed so hard no snowshoes are required to walk on top of it. Not even for me.

I hear you Slowp, I'm working on it! It's so damn cold up where I'm at, plus the wind has been blowing. Yesterday I actually built a fire behind my strip maybe 100 yards or so, that I could walk over to and warm up for five minutes or so. I did dump a nice 4 footer though, that made me warm inside:cheers:.

How do you see what different styles are available ? I like the photos at the beginning of this thread but is that the only type they make ? Any w/steel toes ? Do they send a fit kit ? For that price, they should come to your house !

How do you see what different styles are available ? I like the photos at the beginning of this thread but is that the only type they make ? Any w/steel toes ? Do they send a fit kit ? For that price, they should come to your house !

As I understand Kuliens do not have steel toes avaiable but they do have an OSHA aproved fiber toe protection.

Back