The Kuliens (boots) Are Here! Or, Smurfed Again!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do any of you have trouble walking when you go in the Mac Donalds or gas station. I busted my butt on my way to the bathroom in Mac Ds once after work.. No body was there to see, but I sure felt like a sap.

What are the benefits of drive in corks?

How do you see what different styles are available ? I like the photos at the beginning of this thread but is that the only type they make ? Any w/steel toes ? Do they send a fit kit ? For that price, they should come to your house !

They'll make what you want and can pay for. Mine are modified a little bit from their "stock" boot. I've got a different style of cut and stitching back where the achilles tendon is, and lower heel than normal.

If you depend on your feet for your living, the cost is worth it.

They make shoes and motorcycle boots and whatever people want from what I understand. A lot of their customers have feet that are not normal.

I've had both of those brands. The Whites I liked except they couldn't handle the rain over here. But that was 20 years ago and maybe they changed their leather.

Let's just say I could buy a nice computer for what they cost. I made 2 payments. To me, it is worth it to have good boots. I can't find much off the shelf anyway. Too weird of feet. They even fit them so my bumpy toe is taken care of.

The calks are the regular kind. They wanted me to get the permanent ones but I like to be able to change them myself. Permanent ones will last longer though. These are the 12 inch tops and almost come up to my knees.

Wow you must be short, the rubber ****kickers I have are about 16-18" and they go up to my knees.

Do any of you have trouble walking when you go in the Mac Donalds or gas station. I busted my butt on my way to the bathroom in Mac Ds once after work.. No body was there to see, but I sure felt like a sap.

No. When one lives in a rainy climate, one is in the habit of wiping one's feet on the provided rug.

The Kulien guy says drive in calks make for a lighter weight boot.

Were you wearing corks? One place I work frequently has a huge vacant dining hall with a smooth concrete floor. We can eat lunch in there out of the rain, yaeh. Walking in there with corks on is a gamble at best. I take the table closest to the door or go skidding across the floor.

Were you wearing corks? One place I work frequently has a huge vacant dining hall with a smooth concrete floor. We can eat lunch in there out of the rain, yaeh. Walking in there with corks on is a gamble at best. I take the table closest to the door or go skidding across the floor.

yea, I have to walk like a zombie taking little steps and stay close to the tables. Everyone back east asks me if im going golfing when they see my shoes:rolleyes: i want to get some rubber that I can latch over the bottom so I can wear them around and not wear out the corks.

yea, I have to walk like a zombie taking little steps and stay close to the tables. Everyone back east asks me if im going golfing when they see my shoes:rolleyes: i want to get some rubber that I can latch over the bottom so I can wear them around and not wear out the corks.

I know righ, I hate when people say "Are those for golfing"? Or when you tell them the price that's over $150 and think your nuts.

Yeah I thought about doing the slip-over rubber soles for calks. I've got some old soles off of some ####ty old slippers.

Dejavous all over again

I will be traveling to a different part of the woods on Monday and doing some stuff for the company that called my feet Smurf Feet. But they don't have fallers anymore so I think my feet will be safe.

I noticed I'm getting some wear in the usual place, the inside of the heel. Must be the pummy here.

I will be traveling to a different part of the woods on Monday and doing some stuff for the company that called my feet Smurf Feet. But they don't have fallers anymore so I think my feet will be safe.

I noticed I'm getting some wear in the usual place, the inside of the heel. Must be the pummy here.

Those are some good lookin boots. I am still jealous!
Post some pics of them now that they have been broke in!

Yes, but I have been doing some serious slacking here lately. All I have with me are bells from 8 to 60 lbs and a dip/pull up bar. 2 racks, 2 benches, olympic bars yada yada yada is all in storage:(. The bells are Plenty for good shoulder arm,chest routines. I have been pressing from the floor, cant get full range, but flys I think help with that. I need to consentrate on getting rid of the close to 20 lbs that I ate & drank on since last winter.

Those are some good lookin boots. I am still jealous!
Post some pics of them now that they have been broke in!

Funny you should ask. I took one today right before the contortions of putting them on in the pickup--it was raining and snowing. Stay tuned.
I have to download and downsize....and maybe make some popcorn. :popcorn:

Funny you should ask. I took one today right before the contortions of putting them on in the pickup--it was raining and snowing. Stay tuned.
I have to download and downsize....and maybe make some popcorn. :popcorn:

Funny how things work out. I would think it is strange to want to see a pair of used boots, but over on facebook they are having a discussion about what way to put the TP on the roller!
Lol I think they are making truck cabs a lot smaller. I can't even come close to getting my boots on without opening the door any more.
I think it is a conspiracy! I can't load the dash down any more either, they have designed them way bigger than before but sloped them so that nothing will stay on them! :cry::cry:

Funny how things work out. I would think it is strange to want to see a pair of used boots, but over on facebook they are having a discussion about what way to put the TP on the roller!
Lol I think they are making truck cabs a lot smaller. I can't even come close to getting my boots on without opening the door any more.
I think it is a conspiracy! I can't load the dash down any more either, they have designed them way bigger than before but sloped them so that nothing will stay on them! :cry::cry:

The inside of a pickup truck as gone ALLLL TO ****!! New Dodges have dashes like freaking mini vans...

My boot isn't really on top of the glasses. I can contort and get them on inside if it is really pouring, but it was only a light rain/snow today so did the lacing up outside.

attachment.php

This cutbank and what was above is why I am having a stout beer tonight.
Wouldn't you know it, I was half way up and my roll of flagging came out of my pocket and rolled down the hill. I went down and retrieved it, although I felt like leaving it.

On up, the hill never got as flat as I figured it would. I crawled through and over blowdown mixed with vine maple, went to pull out my staple hammer, and it was not there. I crawled back down to the last stapling place and found it. I got a nice workout. I think it'll be a nice skyline unit--lots of suitable tail trees. Here's the cutbank.

attachment.php

It did not rain too much. I dried out before I was back into the office--an hour drive.

My boot isn't really on top of the glasses. I can contort and get them on inside if it is really pouring, but it was only a light rain/snow today so did the lacing up outside.

attachment.php

This cutbank and what was above is why I am having a stout beer tonight.
Wouldn't you know it, I was half way up and my roll of flagging came out of my pocket and rolled down the hill. I went down and retrieved it, although I felt like leaving it.

On up, the hill never got as flat as I figured it would. I crawled through and over blowdown mixed with vine maple, went to pull out my staple hammer, and it was not there. I crawled back down to the last stapling place and found it. I got a nice workout. I think it'll be a nice skyline unit--lots of suitable tail trees. Here's the cutbank.

attachment.php

It did not rain too much. I dried out before I was back into the office--an hour drive.

You are able to put stuff on your dash! Wow that is amazing!
The boots seem to be holding up well. I get that same wear on the heel. I have had some boots that the heel extended out quite a bit and help protect it there but that snagged a lot and tended to try to pull the sole loose.
In the arch at the front of the heel the shank portion seems to make a sudden change in direction. Does this bother you at all?

Back