The moderen Swede saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been doing a little research here and I'd be pretty surprised if Poulan ever did a AV version of that saw for Jonsereds. The time frame dont jive.

The Lil Jon is a Poulan 25DA, not a Super25 and those were only produced from 1971 to 1974.

According to Acres the Jonsereds 36 was introduced in 1973 and I take everything at Acres anymore with a grain of salt, but this just might be correct. I have quite a few Poulan documents and can find no other saw for Jonsereds then other then the 2.1 Lil Jon.

So it seems that Jonsereds and Poulan parted ways after only 1 or 2 years. Jonsereds customers sure took a hit with a much lesser saw in the 36 and 361 then if they would have kept the Poulan built saws, but it was probably a economic move, and they wanted to keep a small saw in there lineup which Jonsereds didnt seem to have at that time.

Nor have I been able find anything to this affect either......just operating on memory....this was a "new" saw in 77 but who know how long it had been on the shelf by then....this dealer was way out in the sticks where the biger saws were busy cuttin their way to New Brunswick....not much need for one of these... I know the 36 was on the shelf at the dealer when I bought the 49 in April 77(different dealer).....as I said I have paper IPLs going back to the 751, 601 45,50 etc. but nothing for any of the non- Jonsereds produced saws....musta been a secret......

Been doing a little research here and I'd be pretty surprised if Poulan ever did a AV version of that saw for Jonsereds. The time frame dont jive.

The Lil Jon is a Poulan 25DA, not a Super25 and those were only produced from 1971 to 1974.

According to Acres the Jonsereds 36 was introduced in 1973 and I take everything at Acres anymore with a grain of salt, but this just might be correct. I have quite a few Poulan documents and can find no other saw for Jonsereds then other then the 2.1 Lil Jon.

So it seems that Jonsereds and Poulan parted ways after only 1 or 2 years. Jonsereds customers sure took a hit with a much lesser saw in the 36 and 361 then if they would have kept the Poulan built saws, but it was probably a economic move, and they wanted to keep a small saw in there lineup which Jonsereds didnt seem to have at that time.

I agree. When I looked at the two rebadged/private label Poulan indexes that I have (I think both came from you Mark), the only mention of Jonsereds saws is the Lil Jon which they state is the same as a Wright 121. That's of course a 25DA. The only European labeled S25-CVA that I remember seeing in those lists was a Jobu. Maybe one of those made it to his J-Red dealer somehow....

Incidentally, there are Canadian 3400 decals on Ebay, just not 3400xp. and it's only the recoil side. I've bought from the seller before, he gave me a good deal on a pretty good sized purchase, I'll buy from him again.
Poulan Chainsaw 3400 Decal Sticker BOX1363Q | eBay

That is a goofy looking label, it has a leaf on the corner, what else do you expect to cut with a chainsaw?
Crazy canuks...............

I rebuilt one for my dad sans the new decals. Imagine my surprise when I kept ordering 3400 rings and they were too small. It wasn't till I started calling around and stumbled upon a guy from North Bay who told me a 3400xp was a 4000....

I saw your posts some time ago about the 3400XP you restored for your Dad. That's how I learned about their existance.
I have never seen another one. I haven't seen any of those CDN 3400 labels before either.
Thanks for the info.

I'm betting your on the right track with the office part.

I checked the location using the postal code on the label. Although that particular code no longer exists as the buildings may have been combined to make a larger facility in later years. I worked in that area back in the late 70's.
It was located in north Toronto (across from Yorkdale Mall, which may mean something to you Nik) which is an industrial area. I am leaning towards a warehousing / distribution operation now but I will see if I can dig more info up.

I checked the location using the postal code on the label. Although that particular code no longer exists as the buildings may have been combined to make a larger facility in later years. I worked in that area back in the late 70's.
It was located in north Toronto (across from Yorkdale Mall, which may mean something to you Nik) which is an industrial area. I am leaning towards a warehousing / distribution operation now but I will see if I can dig more info up.

Well,

Here's the info on Poulan Canada locations (way back when) with addresses from an old Poulan dealer

Skil division of Emerson elec Canada Limited was located at 1190 Caledonia Road, Toronto, Ontario, M6A 2W6, 416- 789-7811 same as Poulan / weedeater division

Emerson elec Canada Limited was at PO, Box150, Markham, Ontario, Canada, L3P 3J6, telephone 416-294-9340, Poulan / weedeater Division.

The only part of Toronto that I remember really well is Etobicoke/Mimico. We lived in Etobicoke till I was 9 and then moved to Hamilton. That makes me a Leafs fan and a Ti-Cat fan, go figure :)

The only part of Toronto that I remember really well is Etobicoke/Mimico. We lived in Etobicoke till I was 9 and then moved to Hamilton. That makes me a Leafs fan and a Ti-Cat fan, go figure :)

The Toronto location was roughly Dufferin and Lawrence.

Being a Leaf's fan means you are tirelessly dedicated and somewhat of a masochist

Latest posts

Back