The MS261 is here!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is stilh not the real MSRP on an ms261 from a real stihl dealer. Hooked on phonics is good but books on tape are better. They do have some great books poetry. Send not to know for whom the bell tolls… etc. You seem smart enough to figure out the rest. I do thank you for your efforts and I am stihl waiting on an answer to my glove query.

I eagerly await your announcement that you will be teaching English 098 in the near future as you are obviously the man!!!

That's what I'm thinking. Extra reach with the 20" for limbing, and plenty of power for bucking and felling. The more I run this saw, the more I like it. BTW, I checked compression again this morning on a completely cooled saw and it was an amazing 195 PSI!

One of the things that impresses me most is that almost all the power gains came from the simple muff mod, which most anyone who is not all thumbs can do in not a lot of time.

I'd have no trouble at all selling my 026 and 034AVS to fund the purchase of the 261 with a 20-inch B&C. It easily will replace them both. Not that I'm eager to sell ANY saws these days, but a guy's gotta do what he's gotta do.

Sounds like a New Year's resolution to me. Maybe some of that Christmas money will find its way into my Stihl dealer's hands. :D :D

If this doesn't excite the CAD in you, then I don't know what will! Any time a 50cc saw can pull a 20" B&C nearly buried in hardwood...!!! It is wearing the 7-pin rim again. It has no trouble at all with this setup.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HxMPgN_2Mvs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HxMPgN_2Mvs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Sweet!!!!, thats what Im talking about...;):laugh::D

It balances perfectly with a laminated .325 B&C.

1085912563_9DEc7-M.jpg
Sweet!!!!, thats what Im talking about...BIG BORE 261 throwing chips......ONE SAW TO RULE THEM ALL...my precious;):laugh::D

ONE SAW TO RULE THEM ALL...my precious;):laugh::D

Uh-oh. Someone's been eating a little too much lembas and sipping too much miruvor. :D :D :D

But you have to use the whole incantation.

One Saw to rule them all,
One Saw to find them,
One Saw to bring them all
and in the darkness bind them to Stihl!
:rockn:

Last edited:
Is their a pic or vid I can't see, I see the one of Brad holding the saw
by couple fingers, looks to be 2nd pic. It's the first one I can't see :(

TT

Dang that saw is fast!
Sounds great too, I know my 026 can't pull a 20" b&c like that!
Thanks for the great read Brad!

Did I see Santa mowing his lawn next door? :laugh:

A new 20" B&C just arrived this evening for my 346 as well. As you hinted, it also balances perfectly.

I hope it is a laminated "original" Husky one (made in Norway), and not a rebranded Oregon Pro-Lite one - it makes quite a difference regarding bar weight, even if the Oregon one also is laminated!

Actually, I tend to doubt it is, with a 20" bar.....;)

The difference is easy to see, on the bar nose and the looks of the info on the bar. There are other clues, like type of paint, but they are harder to describe.

As the 346xp is lighter, it won't balance the same bar & chain weight.

Also, Rollomatic E is a very nice and light bar, because of the cutouts in the mid laminate! I simply love that bar model, and whish there was a way to fit them to the small mount Huskys!

Last edited:
Dang that saw is fast!
Sounds great too, I know my 026 can't pull a 20" b&c like that!
Thanks for the great read Brad!

Did I see Santa mowing his lawn next door? :laugh:

lol i was thinking the same thing...... i thought brad lived in Ohio not in the North Pole. I bet if i lived next to santa i would have a new saw too lol

I eagerly await your announcement that you will be teaching English 098 in the near future as you are obviously the man!!!

Best you can come up with is a missing verb?? Oh come on. For 5000+ posts, I expected a little more from the proverbial “tin woodsman” No heart or brain or both, I forget. Doesn’t really matter, you got an MSRP on the 261 or not tin boy?? Also, I am stihl eagerly awaiting some info on them gloves. I just gots to know about them.

Best you can come up with is a missing verb?? Oh come on. For 5000+ posts, I expected a little more from the proverbial “tin woodsman” No heart or brain or both, I forget. Doesn’t really matter, you got an MSRP on the 261 or not tin boy?? Also, I am stihl eagerly awaiting some info on them gloves. I just gots to know about them.

Cent, $529 looks to be the number. Give or take $10-20. How are them cigars???:laugh:

looks like it cuts pretty well. I had a 20''B/C on my old 026 when i got it and it was way to much bar. I think if you have the power to pull it would be a nice limbing/firewood saw. I always liked my 036 with a 20'' bc for a all around firewood saw but im sure that 261 would cut with or better than my old girl.

Latest posts

Back